Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Most important feature of a smartphone

13»

Comments

• asianrockerasianrocker ILPosts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Price. The cheaper, the better. I own a zmaxpro now because I was looking for a VR capable phone. It's the cheapest I can find. Bonuses is that it has big screen and it is available on MetroPCS which I am currently subscribed.

Really don't care about camera or display as long as it won't lag in everything.

• firesilverblade1firesilverblade1 hanahhan, SCPosts: 70

I like how a phone perform best of all but a camera does come in handy from time to time but not a necessary.

• rimz808rimz808 Kailua, HIPosts: 48

What made me decide to get the axon 7 after switching from an iphone and after having to return the Samsung Note 7 were:

1. Design. How it felt in my hands. Never really thought or heard about ZTE until i stumbled upon it in Best Buy and they had a functional model out. Initially went there to check out the Nexus 6P, but I just did not like the feel of it in my hands. Flat back and screen was too big (although I am very curious about the new Mate 9). After holding onto the Axon 7, I liked how it felt

2. Did the Dolby Atmos test, and was blown away. However, it's not something I have yet fully utilized since getting my phone about 2 weeks ago.

3. Price point and it was an unlocked phone. My first unlock phone. Pixel was way too high of a price for me.

4. Expandable memory. This was key as I got a free 256GB micro SD card from the note 7 promotion.

Overall i am enjoying it. More than the note 7.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

rimz808, I'm glad you're enjoying your new Axon 7!!

• monger80monger80 United StatesPosts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, glad your liking the phone, we're all here because we enjoy our devices.

• I chose performance because like mentioned that covers many areas. I have maybe a unique position compared to most as I work in the energy field and usually have long days. Battery is a huge must for me that is why so long ago I chose the Huawei Ascend Mate 2. That phone with its 4000mah battery, 6.1" 720 screen and SD400 was a true beast with battery life. The word that comes to mind is Synergy. The specs have never been impressive but in use the phone has ruined many smartphone users. I find it funny sometimes to pick up a new test device and daily drive it for a while just to revert back to the aging MT2. I do not make many calls with my phone. I use it for texting and mainly media consumption. Long days do not always mean hard work so sometimes I have hours to wait so battery wins out almost every time. I'm not a huge fan of battery packs, I just like carrying my phone. Now that my kids have grown I don't find myself taking as many pictures as I used to. I guess I still have to say that camera performance is very important in today's market. I find myself using another phone when going to a sporting event just so I can use a better camera. Looking at all the people around me at a college game very few actually have a camera and most use their phones.

So I guess to sum it up ...specs are more important to me than design or ooh look how thin this phone is. Being the geeky nerd that I am Dev support is also pretty high up on my list. That is unless the OS is very minimally changed from stock. I have recently been using a phone that I have to press the recent menu to get to the toggles. This really bugs me when every other phone I have I swipe down from the status bar.

My two ...five cents

• rlynnsiirlynnsii Ms. United StatesPosts: 4

I choose performance not only software but hardware as well. I want to know that my phone will be able to hold up to the riggers of my daily routine.

Second would be camera, followed by audio.

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEO United StatesPosts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If it does not perform, it's a paper weight!

• freddyesmefreddyesme st marys west virginiaPosts: 1

I wonder who reads this? performance and especially in storage, if you make a  smartphone that accepts  an sd card up to 32 gb,  your phone comes with 8  gb, but the phone new firmware update and bloatware  updates preinstalled use 7.5 gb than what you have  is a flip phone not a smartphone, I recently acquired a zte maven2 without checking this feature. I was highly  surprised and disappointed to find my phone can not adopt the sd card nor can I move apps to it  even tho the sd card is my save storage, what a useless software design for on other wise great inexpensive phone

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,810 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Performance is very important.  Camera is a personal item that is very important to me.

• batman101batman101 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely performance for sure.  You can have a nice big display, beautiful design and great camera.  The minute you get ready to enjoy your nice new phone and it runs like hot garbage, you will either send it back or send it through your car window.

• Receive Call and hear the other party?? what about that, if not i can get a tablet.

get good signal to perform what a telephone must do best, be ready for a call.

• srvsrv Ms United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭

From SRV,
    I think performance is most important in a phone. I have had several phones and it can
    1) look good
    2) price
    3) how many features
    But at the end of the day,if doesn't perform like it's suppose to or perform very well.
    It's just a piece of junk

• maulgandhimaulgandhi United StatesPosts: 519 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the features are important including design.

• arthurwinchestarthurwinchest BrazilPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's try to put it all together in just a phone

• tardisintimetardisintime Leavenworth, KSPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

Performance, software, and camera.

• TeresaTeresa East Central PAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

Performance of course. BUT having said that, for me AUDIO is important and that's my only complaint about the z981. Not loud at highest volume

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to choose audio but my audio choice is that phone call audio quality and receptions is most important to me. The rest of comoute4 app is just extra.

This discussion has been closed.