** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B35 **

Comments

• collisioncollision UsaPosts: 2 ✭✭

Security updates four months almost five months to slow. ZTE needs to be more proactive. I love the phone but security is a serious issue, especially now a days. I didn't use my Bluetooth in public for months and I have really nice Bluetooth headsets. I predict phones with better security will be the selling point of the future. I'm glad to hear about the updates I was test driving a new phone and took it back because of this decision (the updates).

• I just installed the new update & my Hya versions is 3346

• jazzijazzi Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:
    Anyone know what the difference is between the 12-01 and the 12-05 December security patch? I noticed there were 2 security patches for December. What's the difference between them?

I was also curious westside80 and found the following:

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-12-01

:D:D Good one Jim. I would also continue to be extremely careful about visiting certain sites with that horse and feeding it content from dubious sources.

I'm just saying westide80 I'll continue to exercise caution in the use of my phone and don't expect or depend on the security updates alone to protect against malware or vulnerabilities :).

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody having problems with the location service? It seems to be working in Google maps, but failing on some other apps.

@westside80 said:
    Always a good idea. I must be slipping today. I thought there was a speck on my laptop screen but turns out it was just the . at the end of your post. :D .

Ahhh. Indeed :).

• ryampolskyryampolsky United StatesPosts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ryampolsky said:
    Anybody having problems with the location service? It seems to be working in Google maps, but failing on some other apps.

What setting do you have location set to @ryampolsky?

High accuracy. And it works reliably in Google maps. But it's hit and miss in another app I use. It sometimes works, and sometimes the app puts up a dialog that says 'unable to access location service'. I've tried rebooting, wiping cache. Same thing.

• EsranEsran Rochester, NYPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Help - Since update I tap the. main phone icon - can't dial out using number pad or call history - I can only place calls from Contacts.

• jdchjdch CaPosts: 2 ✭✭

My wife has an A7 and I installed the update last night . Now her phone restarts about every few hours on its own.

• MJ0409MJ0409 USAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

Need your help. I've just been updating my Axon 7 6GB/128GB variant and never rooted or custom ROM. After it finished installing B35 update, it never boot up again. It stuck on AXON logo on the boot screen... I've waited about 30 minutes but nothing happened. Therefore I restarted the phone forcibly and wiped cache partition but still stuck Axon logo.

What should I do next? Is there anyway to avoid factory reset because I don't take any backup?

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 207 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just downloaded the update. Everything seems stable on my end

• ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2018 9:45PM

@Esran said:
    Help - Since update I tap the. main phone icon - can't dial out using number pad or call history - I can only place calls from Contacts.

I've never had a single problem with Google's phone app. Side-load from here. Note that this is the last version that works with a non-Google phone.

• MJ0409MJ0409 USAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@MJ0409 said:
    Need your help. I've just been updating my Axon 7 6GB/128GB variant and never rooted or custom ROM. After it finished installing B35 update, it never boot up again. It stuck on AXON logo on the boot screen... I've waited about 30 minutes but nothing happened. Therefore I restarted the phone forcibly and wiped cache partition but still stuck Axon logo.

What should I do next? Is there anyway to avoid factory reset because I don't take any backup?

@MJ0409 unfortunately a factory reset will be necessary since you already wiped the cache partition. And it's best to not set the phone up from a backup because the problem could come right back. It's always best to set up as a new device.

I've tried factory reset and it still stuck on Axon logo. I called a customer service and they said I need to send my phone to them for repair. Thank you for your help.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MJ0409 said:
    I've tried factory reset and it still stuck on Axon logo. I called a customer service and they said I need to send my phone to them for repair. Thank you for your help.

you probably only need to download, SDCard package from https://www.zteusa.com/axon-7#support and click " Software Update " and installed B32 in recovery, you'll be starting fresh and should boot without problems.

• ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ggreg said:

@Esran said:

I've never had a single problem with Google's phone app. Side-load from here. Note that this is the last version that works with a non-Google phone.

@ggreg wouldn't he be talking about the Hiya app? This is an A7 thread.

Both Hiya and the stock dialer on A7 are terrible and should be replaced by better alternatives. I was pointing to a better alternative for the dialer.