Blade V9 Passes Through FCC "SRQ-ZTEBLADEV9" *UPDATE*

TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 29, 2018 10:25PM in Rumor Mill

The ZTE Blade V9 has just passed through the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), with the ID code “SRQ-ZTEBLADEV9″.

The handset is coming with 2 GB RAM / 16 GB ROM and 3 GB RAM / 32 GB ROM memory versions, running Android 8.0 Oreo with the January security patches.

The Blade V9 being the company’s first phone to feature an 18:9 aspect display, which possibly brings the 5.7-inch display to a 2160 x 1080 resolution. There still appears to be a good amount of bezel above and below the display, so take that as you will.

Above the display sits a 13 MP selfie shooter, while a dual 16 MP and 5 MP camera system is found around back. Interestingly, only the 16 MP sensor is capable of autofocus — the 5 MP camera has a fixed-focus lens — so we assume that secondary camera is used for depth information than anything else.

Glad to see it will have 8.0 out of the box, meaning it will be Treble enabled.

https://www.androidauthority.com/zte-blade-v9-page-826220/

Comments

  • crimsontidebamacrimsontidebama Roswell, New MexicoPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was just wondering if there would be a successor to the V8 last night.

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @crimsontidebama said:
    I was just wondering if there would be a successor to the V8 last night.

    And then today you have your answer, you should wonder about other devices as well maybe more info would come to light ;)

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    More info from the FCC:

  • alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    The 3gb of RAM will be nice. My Blade Zmax is a terrific phone but I suspect it would be better with 3gb of RAM.

  • The Blade V8 pro is still one of my ZTE favs. It was beautifully designed,and I was sad it didn't get much of a follow through... Anxious to see what Blade 9 brings us.

  • jasonejasone TennesseePosts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @ironbaybeedoll said:
    The Blade V8 pro is still one of my ZTE favs. It was beautifully designed,and I was sad it didn't get much of a follow through... Anxious to see what Blade 9 brings us.

    I'll be excited to see more info about a Blade V9 Pro because the V8 Pro was great except for the lack of updates. If ZTE can deliver a V9 Pro with updated specs and follow up with software updates it would be a fantastic option.

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @hollap said:
    More info from the FCC:

    @hollap Thanks for the added info, it's greatly appreciated.

  • keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 172 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm looking forward to this device for sure!

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2018 11:05PM

    @keithisreal2013 said:
    I'm looking forward to this device for sure!

    I am too!! Especially as it looks like it will be the 1st Treble supported phone from ZTE which should improve the update process dramatically. To me the 32Gb/3Gb variant is the one I'll go for, as long as it isn't way overpriced. In my opinion it should be priced competitively with the Honor 7x, around $229-$249 would seem to be a very good bang for the buck price. One of the things I'm wondering about is the fixed auto focus on the 5Mp shooter and how that will affect photos, if much at all. If I'm not mistaken the V8 Pro had PDAF on it's dual 13Mp shooters, so we'll see if there's a big difference or if it turns out to be an improvement. Im also a fan of the rear fingerprint sensor so that's a plus. All in all, I'm excited to pick up a V9 Pro and put it through its paces.

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @texasmade1 said:

    @keithisreal2013 said:
    I'm looking forward to this device for sure!

    I am too!! Especially as it looks like it will be the 1st Treble supported phone from ZTE which should improve the update process dramatically. To me the 32Gb/3Gb variant is the one I'll go for, as long as it isn't way overpriced. In my opinion it should be priced competitively with the Honor 7x, around $229-$249 would seem to be a very good bang for the buck price. One of the things I'm wondering about is the fixed auto focus on the 5Mp shooter and how that will affect photos, if much at all. If I'm not mistaken the V8 Pro had PDAF on it's dual 13Mp shooters, so we'll see if there's a big difference or if it turns out to be an improvement. Im also a fan of the rear fingerprint sensor so that's a plus. All in all, I'm excited to pick up a V9 Pro and put it through its paces.

    I believe you are correct that PDAF is the focus method on the Blade V8 Pro. At least GSMArena agrees :) I'm pretty excited for this phone as well, considering my wife and daughter absolutely LOVE their V8 Pros, and they are great devices, other than the lack of software support. I think the V8 should have at least gotten Nougat.

    Anyway 18:9 screen, nice looking camera specs, 3GB/32GB, Android 8.0, all nice specs for a mid ranger.

  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @hollap said:

    @texasmade1 said:

    @keithisreal2013 said:
    I'm looking forward to this device for sure!

    I am too!! Especially as it looks like it will be the 1st Treble supported phone from ZTE which should improve the update process dramatically. To me the 32Gb/3Gb variant is the one I'll go for, as long as it isn't way overpriced. In my opinion it should be priced competitively with the Honor 7x, around $229-$249 would seem to be a very good bang for the buck price. One of the things I'm wondering about is the fixed auto focus on the 5Mp shooter and how that will affect photos, if much at all. If I'm not mistaken the V8 Pro had PDAF on it's dual 13Mp shooters, so we'll see if there's a big difference or if it turns out to be an improvement. Im also a fan of the rear fingerprint sensor so that's a plus. All in all, I'm excited to pick up a V9 Pro and put it through its paces.

    I believe you are correct that PDAF is the focus method on the Blade V8 Pro. At least GSMArena agrees :) I'm pretty excited for this phone as well, considering my wife and daughter absolutely LOVE their V8 Pros, and they are great devices, other than the lack of software support. I think the V8 should have at least gotten Nougat.

    Anyway 18:9 screen, nice looking camera specs, 3GB/32GB, Android 8.0, all nice specs for a mid ranger.

    I agree, it most definitely should have been updated to Nougat as the hardware can run it. For that matter it could run Android 8.0 as well, it's unfortunate.
    Especially considering the lower end V8 Mini & V8 Lite both shipped with Nougat :/

  • hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Interesting, they added another model:

Sign In or Register to comment.