New MAX XL wont stop sending alarm.

ztefrogztefrog mdPosts: 6 ✭✭

There is no icon indicating what alarm is activating. disabled messenger. powered phone off, back on. it chimes every 5 seconds. phone is only 5 days old. nougat 7.1.1

Answers

• ztefrogztefrog mdPosts: 6 ✭✭

there are no icons appearing in top bar. only typical wifi, cell bars, etc.. text messages are of a door bell ring. twitter is set up for bird sound.. this is a bell/chime that i have never heard before on any phone. almost like tapping the side of a glass with utensil.

ok.. i went into setting for sounds. only reducing "notification" sound to zero changes it. media, alarm and ring did not change it.. uuugh.. really like phone but not worth the hassles.

edited January 31, 2018 11:42AM

ok.. just went into notification/all apps and turned off or blocked all notifications, even actual "settings" app and its still doing it.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,989 admin

@ztefrog Try setting an alarm for 5 minutes in the future and see if you get the same notification sound.

update. no matter what i tried it would not stop chiming. i took the phone back to store about 1 hr total since it started and it was still doing it. the tech guy was holding it and looking at settings and it just stopped. they were cool about it and gave me another phone. the new one was easier to set up and things seemed different in the process.

the reviews on phone had said, you either get a good one or a dud one and you will know in short order.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ztefrog said:
    update. no matter what i tried it would not stop chiming. i took the phone back to store about 1 hr total since it started and it was still doing it. the tech guy was holding it and looking at settings and it just stopped. they were cool about it and gave me another phone. the new one was easier to set up and things seemed different in the process.

the reviews on phone had said, you either get a good one or a dud one and you will know in short order.

Glad the store was good about replacing it @ztefrog! Hopefully this one is better!