** SOFTWARE UPDATE: Axon 7 A2017U now on B35 **

Comments

• KyPhi2KyPhi2 Antigua Posts: 8 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else notice that camcard is missing since the update from our contacts app?

• theshriketheshrike CaliforniaPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something I have noticed since the update. WiFi calling seems to be more reliable now. Before it would only show WiFi calling for me every now and then, now it seems like the phone enables WiFi calling almost all the time I am connected with a decent WiFi signal, seems like about an 80% increase in WiFi calling for me.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KyPhi2 said:
    Did anyone else notice that camcard is missing since the update from our contacts app?

Didn't notice it, but thanks for pointing it out @KyPhi2!

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KyPhi2 said:

-Noted

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@samwichse said:
    Anyone else having trouble with the night light feature after the update?

Before, it worked perfectly. Came on right at dusk, went off right at sun up. Now it won't work automatically at all, I have to go into the settings and turn it on/off every time.

Otherwise, everything seems great with the update... even though we STILL don't have the option to switch to onscreen nav buttons or Camera API.

Automatic night light is working fine for me.

Automatic night light is working fine for me as well. The same custom schedule that I had it set to before applying the update, remained the same on my A7. 👍🏼

• nareshcn7nareshcn7 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 2:22PM

Thank you ZTE for the continued support! After the update
    I hav came across one bug. I hav scheduled power off enabled on my phone.
    Before the power off it was at 92% when it restarted after 6 hours it is showed me sudden drop the charging 66%.
    I hav connected to the charger, checked it after couple of minutes it was at 87%.

• whirlwind23whirlwind23 Posts: 26 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this update fixes the Bluetooth metadata bug where the song name won't show up on your car stereo? The last update broke that feature and it's been annoying since.

@whirlwind23 said:
    Does anyone know if this update fixes the Bluetooth metadata bug where the song name won't show up on your car stereo? The last update broke that feature and it's been annoying since.

I don't believe it does this go around, as i believe you need Nougat 7.1.2 for that fix. But I'm hopeful that when this device gets Oreo it will resolve that issue.

• theshriketheshrike CaliforniaPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KyPhi2 said:

That's too bad! I guess I could install the stand alone app, but that's one less reason to use the ZTE contacts app and another reason to just use the Google contacts app.

• AustiniteAustinite Austin TexasPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

jimlloyd40 - I did as you requested on both my phones, believe it or not, they're both up and operational.

As you recommended, I wipe the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings, took out both SD cards from the phones, later formatted both SD cards before I reinstalled them. I'll be darn, I have no clue what caused it but your advice worked great. Finally, back in operations. Thanks again ...

@whirlwind23 said:

@hollap is correct. Unfortunately this update does not fix the metadata bug.

• wrbirdwrbird Posts: 162 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This morning my Axon 7 did the update and now my map to display a location that's set in an appointment in my calendar app no longer displays. It shows an error message: Show on map: geo fail. CalenGoo worked perfectly before this update and still works perfectly on my Samsung S7 and ASUS ZenFone 2. I've contacted the developer of CalenGoo. He had me check my Google play services to ensure that was up to date, which it was. So his response was, "Oh dear, so they really broke it 😵" The function that's no longer working correctly is Geocoder.getFromLocationName.
    https://developer.android.com/reference/android/location/Geocoder.html#getFromLocationName(java.lang.String

I hope ZTE sees this post and corrects the problem!

Here's CalenGoo's latest response:
    Thank you for sending the log. I think this is the part that you should send to ZTE:

Feb 1, 2018 2:49:17 AM: java.io.IOException: geo fail
    at android.location.Geocoder.getFromLocationName(Geocoder.java:178)

It clearly shows that the Android function getFromLocationName returns a "geo fail" error. It is important to show ZTE that it is a problem in their Android system, not a problem in CalenGoo. Because otherwise they won't do anything.

Additionally I have searched if I can find others with the same problem but it seems that no one ever got a "geo fail" error. I could only find some reports about "reverse geo fail".

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@whirlwind23 said:

I don't believe it does this go around, as i believe you need Nougat 7.1.2 for that fix. But I'm hopeful that when this device gets Oreo it will resolve that issue.

@hollap so are you're saying that the A7 is going to be updated to 7.1.2 before the Oreo update which is expected in April?

Not that I'm aware of no. I'm just saying that BT version 7.1.2 had all kinds of BT fixes for all OEMs and I think metadata was one of them. I don't think ZTE would update to 7.1.2 before Oreo, but that's just a guess on my part.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wrbird said:
    Thank you for sending the log. I think this is the part that you should send to ZTE:

It clearly shows that the Android function getFromLocationName returns a "geo fail" error. It is important to show ZTE that it is a problem in their Android system, not a problem in CalenGoo. Because otherwise they won't do anything.

Additionally I have searched if I can find others with the same problem but it seems that no one ever got a "geo fail" error. I could only find some reports about "reverse geo fail".

@wrbird what location setting were you using? Was this an isolated incident? Is the location accurate if you use navigation?

I checked all my apps I use that use GPS location, and they all seem to function just fine after the update. Google Maps, Strava, Endomondo, Weather apps, Facebook, etc.. Mine is set to high accuracy mode.

Don't use the app above, but maybe might install to help troubleshoot if needed when I have some time.

@jasonscarter said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wrbird said:

@wrbird what location setting were you using? Was this an isolated incident? Is the location accurate if you use navigation?

I checked all my apps I use that use GPS location, and they all seem to function just fine after the update. Google Maps, Strava, Endomondo, Weather apps, Facebook, etc.. Mine is set to high accuracy mode.

Don't use the app above, but maybe might install to help troubleshoot if needed when I have some time.

Try one of these apps to see if in fact your GPS is working correctly. These apps can also help to fix the GPS by clearing or updating assistance data (AGPS).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gps.status

@wrbird said:

I just downloaded CalenGoo on my A7 and the location is working perfectly for me.

edited February 1, 2018 11:46AM

@wrbird You can clear the phones cache by going into settings, select advanced settings, select storage, select phone memory, then select cached data and press ok. Also you can go into the devices factory recovery (power off the device, then hold power+volume up, release the power button as soon as you see the ZTE splash screen, then scroll to clear cache partition and select via the power button, make sure not to select wipe data/factory reset) to see if this fixes the problem. You can also try clearing the CalenGoo's cache as well.

@jimlloyd40 thanks for also looking into this for me.
    @jasonscarter all my other map apps are also working. The issue is when the function Geocoder.getFromLocationName is used.
    @texasmade1 thanks for checking this out for me. The screenshot doesn't look like CalenGoo. In CalenGoo create an appointment and set a location. Once that's saved you have to turn on the setting to show the map in the appointment's detail view. To do this go to "Settings > Display and Use > Detail view > Show on map". Now go back to the appointment and select it to view the detail view. Please tell me if you see the map and location in that view or if you get the error message that I stated in my previous post.

Thanks to everyone who's helping me with this!

edited February 1, 2018 3:11PM

It's the CalenGoo App

@wrbird You are correct, I got the Geo fail error as well. However the GPS/location services work in every other part of the app. This seems to be a very weird bug, as GPS/Location services work with every other location based app I have tried it with .It could very well be related to the B35 update or to the app and it just not playing nicely with one of the changes that the update implemented. Anyways, good luck on this getting fixed as I know it sucks to have an app not functioning properly.

@texasmade1 Thanks for verifying this. According to the developer the reason why maps/locations show up in other apps and other parts of CalenGoo because it's only when that particular function is called as I noted in a previous post. This particular function is only called when there's a location set in the location field. It's also called in another place in CalenGoo when trying to set the location for sunrise and sunset setting. I can no longer set a location for that feature of CalenGoo.

So you're right B35 update is definitely not playing nice with that particular Android function.

Here's another issue I've noticed since the B35 update. I have to re-add all my SmartLock devices. Also before this update if I turned on a BT device that was not already registered as a SmartLock device I would get a pop up window asking me if I wanted to add it as a SmartLock device. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Ok, I just received a response back from ZTE concerning the geolocate function break. I need to do a hard reset and that will fix the problem they told me.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wrbird said:
    Ok, I just received a response back from ZTE concerning the geolocate function break. I need to do a hard reset and that will fix the problem they told me.

That's good to know. Thought maybe it would be an outdated API call that was changed with the security updates.

@wrbird said:

Be sure to let us know if it works, @wrbird. As for smartlock, I just tested adding a new device (Jabra Evolve Headset). After pairing the new device, I had a notification to add it to Smartlock. So it seems to be working for me.