ZTE zmax pro

Jaysong56Jaysong56 United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭
  1. when i start the hotspot it stays on for 15 seconds says error and stops and when i the hotspot options my ip
    address is "UNKNOWN" so uhh can i fix this without resetting my phone

2. When i got my new zte zmax pro after the firs one being defective the one t-mobile had orderd was the same. .
    The fingerprint sensor is not in correctly and it acts like it doesn't exist

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jaysong56 said:
    1. when i start the hotspot it stays on for 15 seconds says error and stops and when i the hotspot options my ip
    address is "UNKNOWN" so uhh can i fix this without resetting my phone

1. When i got my new zte zmax pro after the firs one being defective the one t-mobile had orderd was the same. .
      The fingerprint sensor is not in correctly and it acts like it doesn't exist

Assuming that those things worked properly before you can start, as usual, by wiping the cache partition in recovery and clear the main storage cache in the storage settings and then reboot. If it's still not functioning properly and you're sure of the proper settings then the last resort will be to factory reset it as a NEW phone.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jaysong56 What is your device Build Number that you are on?

I currently have T-Mobile and pay the extra $5 for unlimited LTE Hotspot....... and it works like a charm.

For the fingerprint sensor were you able to program in one of your fingers?? also did you use all the different sides of your fingers??? I also turn my device upside down and do my finger print that way so that the scanner has a good image of my finger print.

• razor512razor512 New YorkPosts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018 5:20PM

Can you provide a screenshot of the hotspot issue?

• kevmachkevmach palm beach, flPosts: 1 ✭✭

mine does the same thing with the hotspot.
    took it in to Metro PCS & a young arrogant dude said I had to reboot to factory.
    He tried to clear the cache but the hotspot app doesn't show in the app list.
    I haven't rebooted it yet.