What's wrong with my ZMax Pro??

raven0175raven0175 TexasPosts: 7 ✭✭

This is my 4 phone since I bought it from Metro PCS and now it gotten worse... I can barely send messages, it's too hard to text, there are problems with the keyboard...it freezes, text with symbols, if I hit the space bar it asks me to change the language of the keyboard......etc... The other day it started opening and closing apps, dialing numbers at random, restarting by itself like it was possessed...I can't scroll on a page that has links or pics because it will open them.... I'm about to buy a zmax blade...but I think that metro PCS should upgrade me to the blade without me paying for it....I paid for the zmax pro and it's been one headache after another....like I said this is my 4th phone....This is very annoying....not happy....

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@raven0175 said:
    This is my 4 phone since I bought it from Metro PCS and now it gotten worse... I can barely send messages, it's too hard to text, there are problems with the keyboard...it freezes, text with symbols, if I hit the space bar it asks me to change the language of the keyboard......etc... The other day it started opening and closing apps, dialing numbers at random, restarting by itself like it was possessed...I can't scroll on a page that has links or pics because it will open them.... I'm about to buy a zmax blade...but I think that metro PCS should upgrade me to the blade without me paying for it....I paid for the zmax pro and it's been one headache after another....like I said this is my 4th phone....This is very annoying....not happy....

@raven0175 since you're experiencing so many problems there isn't much point in troubleshooting them individually. The first thing that you should do is to go to the settings and select "storage". Then tap on internal storage. Wait for it to calculate the amounts and when it's finished calculating scroll up on the screen a little bit until you see "cache". Tap on "cache" and wait until it calculates again and then just go back to the homescreen. Now check the problems that you were having and see if anything has changed. If nothing has changed then you should do a factory reset. Go to the settings and select "Backup and reset" and follow the prompts to wipe the phone and set it up again. Do not set the phone up from a backup. Set it up as a new device and then add your apps one at a time checking for problems before you add the next app. After that is all finished please let us know how it's functioning. If you have an SD card installed remove it and don't reinstall it until these things are done. It could be something about the SD card causing some of the problems. Thank you.

• raven0175raven0175 TexasPosts: 7 ✭✭

Thanks for the info... I did all that and the phone still doing the same stuff....

I think I have to go Metro and get them to exchange it for the Blade

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@raven0175 said:
    Thanks for the info... I did all that and the phone still doing the same stuff....

I think I have to go Metro and get them to exchange it for the Blade

Did you do the factory reset also @raven0175?

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@raven0175 What was your final outcome for your phone??

• raven0175raven0175 TexasPosts: 7 ✭✭

Well...I went to the store and bought a Blade... So far it's been great.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@raven0175 said:
    Well...I went to the store and bought a Blade... So far it's been great.

If you have any questions let us know.