No service Axon 7 A2017U android 7.1.1

Andersonj25Andersonj25 Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

I changed my cell phone from A 2017 to A2017U without problem but now IMEI everything ok, except the signal appears in the service. Recognize the chip but not the area anyone know something to solve this problem?

Comments

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is not clear which issue are you facing. Are you able to make and receive calls, also, does data work?

Also which phone service are you using? (this will help us determine if you need any special APN settings to be entered).

• Andersonj25Andersonj25 Posts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

@razor512 said:
    It is not clear which issue are you facing. Are you able to make and receive calls, also, does data work?

Also which phone service are you using? (this will help us determine if you need any special APN settings to be entered).

I have a axon 7 Chinese version I changed to the A2017U version android 7.1.1, when I changed the phone area does not even go up with imei all right I saw a problem of this similar, one of the ways is to download an A2017_N_Modem.zip but I do not know where the A2017U

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

From what I gather it appears he changed a Chinese model to a US varient. Just because you change the software does not mean the hardware will magically change as well. Software wise you may be rocking the USA version but hardware wise you still have a Chinese axon 7! So because of that the bands don't work on your carrier! Sorry man just sell the Chinese model and buy a US varient. You may have to sell it a little cheaper for announcing you screwed the software and voided the warranty!

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am somewhat confused if you change the phone or flashed the rom, if you could, @Andersonj25, be a bit more specific if you change the Chinese version of the phone to the US version or the phone or if you flash the US rom onto your Chinese version of the phone.

If you flashed the rom, then it probably will not work as the modem is not necessary be compatible. Flashing the modem may work but then there is a risk as flashing incompatible modem can brick a device. If you wish to try, you may look at XDA for more information and make sure you read it up before doing any flashing just to be safe.

If you swapped the phone, then let us know which carrier you are using and which software build you have on the phone so we can see what can be done to get it to work.