Where to find ZTE Blade v8 Pro Stock Rom?

Hi All;

Does anyone have a link to the stock ROM for this phone?

I am suffering from a nasty virus on my phone\malware. I have no idea how I got it, but I did. Basically, when I go to one of my favourite books\links, I am re-directed to an adware site 100% of the time. I have tried to reset the phone via OS and Boot manager with no success. It doesn't matter if I use my existing or new Google accounts when I set it up, the problem still occurs.

According to some online reading, I might be able to fix the issue if I can flash the phone with a fresh new ROM, but need to find it somewhere. Anyone know where one may be?

Thanks
Danny

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, Danny (@MR2MK1SC)

I am sorry to hear about your problem. There is no official ROM available to be downloaded from ZTE directly. Though, I am curious if your issue can be solved by other ways. When you said when you go to one of the link/book, do you mean bookmarks in Chrome browser? if it is a chrome browser, have you try to go under setting, apps, chrome, and clear all of the data and cache (and then uninstall and reinstall) to see if that fix the issue.

When you said it does not matter if you use existing or new google account, does that mean you have already tried to do a factory reset? If not, I would say try that, do a complete factory reset (within the Android OS). Then boot into the bootloader and wipe the data and cache. Then set it up to see if that can help you fix the issue.

If you are looking for ways to flash the ROM, maybe look at XDA to see if you an find the rom and way to flash it there.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 15,866 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MR2MK1SC do a factory reset and set the phone up as a new device. Don't set it up from a backup or you'll reinstall the problem.