Please don't let this be the Axon 9 - Leaked images arise?

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:
    The render from the Reddit story isn't the Axon 9. The Axon 9 will most likely have a glass back or possibly aluminum and there wouldn't be any holes cut in the back of either of those materials.

You know that?

As in can I prove it? No. But when the Axon 9 comes out with either a glass or aluminum back with no holes cut in the back I'll be back to say that I said so. 😂

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:
    The render from the Reddit story isn't the Axon 9. The Axon 9 will most likely have a glass back or possibly aluminum and there wouldn't be any holes cut in the back of either of those materials.

You know that?

As in can I prove it? No. But when the Axon 9 comes out with either a glass or aluminum back with no holes cut in the back I'll be back to say that I said so. 😂

Also, what makes you think that's not already aluminum? It would explain the end caps being a shade different for antennas. I'm not convinced this is the Axon 9, but I'm also not convinced that it's not.

Anybody know if the holes could be for some sort of wireless charging? If the device is metal, would the holes allow for wireless charging to work?

• dsprockeee1dsprockeee1 Cleveland, OHPosts: 68 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2018 1:49PM

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

Also, what makes you think that's not already aluminum? It would explain the end caps being a shade different for antennas. I'm not convinced this is the Axon 9, but I'm also not convinced that it's not.

Anybody know if the holes could be for some sort of wireless charging? If the device is metal, would the holes allow for wireless charging to work?

No the holes you're talking about are definitely the speaker grills. Wireless charging doesn't require any openings to work. The wireless charging module is usually always placed in the middle in the back of the device, not the top or bottom. It'd be pretty funky looking to have to keep the lower half of the phone on any wireless charger and have it hanging off. The more this gets discussed the more I believe this is another type of ZTE phone. Or just a convincible photoshop job made by the original poster of the "leak" over on AndroidHits to gain attention to their site. Because I've never heard of AndroidHits before, and that site was the ONLY site to have news about it. And like I said the quality of the images are questionable. Usually a leaked image would consist of an actual photo taken with another camera showing the phone with manufacturer stickers/labels still on it etc. You can't really claim an image to be leaked if it's an already edited and arranged image.

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

No the holes you're talking about are definitely the speaker grills. Wireless charging doesn't require any openings to work. The wireless charging module is usually always placed in the middle in the back of the device, not the top or bottom. It'd be pretty funky looking to have to keep the lower half of the phone on any wireless charger and have it hanging off. The more this gets discussed the more I believe this is another type of ZTE phone. Or just a convincible photoshop job made by the original poster of the "leak" over on AndroidHits to gain attention to their site. Because I've never heard of AndroidHits before, and that site was the ONLY site to have news about it. And like I said the quality of the images are questionable. Usually a leaked image would consist of an actual photo taken with another camera showing the phone with manufacturer stickers/labels still on it etc. You can't really claim an image to be leaked if it's an already edited and arranged image.

Actually it was Weibo that first posted the pics.

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

Those holes would eliminate any possibility of water resistance. They are speaker grills I believe.

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

I agree @dsprockeee1. If Evan Blass leaks something I'll believe it.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

Now there's something nobody can disagree with!

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

Now there's something nobody can disagree with!

I've always wondered where he gets tips from. He's seemingly never wrong.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

Yeah same here. Though I still feel it's way too early for any sort of information regardless.

@hollap : Good point, I take that back. Though searching through Weibo, I can't seem to find anything on the Axon 9 and the leaked images. So not sure how those images were obtained by them.

• westside80westside80 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2018 2:24PM

@dsprockeee1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

Yeah same here. Though I still feel it's way too early for any sort of information regardless.

@hollap : Good point, I take that back. Though searching through Weibo, I can't seem to find anything on the Axon 9 and the leaked images. So not sure how those images were obtained by them.

I saw the article on GizmoChina as I stated earlier. It showed up in my Google Feed.

@westside80 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

I saw the article on GizmoChina as I stated earlier.

Yeah I saw. In my defense it's kind of hard to navigate through Weibo using only Google Translate. So I guess it is on the site somewhere. Who knows.

@westside80 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

And I saw the same article on the Reddit Android app this morning and they got the story from GizmoChina like @westside80 said.

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/02/12/zte-axon-9-pictured-in-a-new-leak-rumoured-to-receive-flagship-specs/amp/

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:
    The fingerprint scanner icon on the l> @jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:
    @jimlloyd40 @westside80 I just noticed an under display fingerprint sensor, now that I like..

@texasmade1 said:
    @jimlloyd40 @westside80 I just noticed an under display fingerprint sensor, now that I like..

I don't think that's an under the display fingerprint scanner. It's just the fingerprint scanner icon. My 6p and Pixel XL has that same icon on the lock screen. I hope the buttons light up. It's hard to tell if they do or not from that picture. I really don't think that's the A9 anyways but it's not a bad looking phone.

I don't like asking stupid questions but @westside80 why is there a fingerprint icon on your Pixel phone's lock screen if it's not a sensor? I hope that I don't regret asking that. 😁

Because it's letting you know that you can use the fingerprint scanner. My Axon 7 has the same exact icon on the lock screen in between the camera and mic icons. All 3 of my phones have that icon. I thought all phones with fingerprint scanners had that icon. Every one I've had has had it.

I'm happy that it wasn't a dumb question. Sorry for being naive but since I don't use a lockscreen I've never seen that.

All phones with fingerprint scanners have that icon on the lock screen. It's there just to let you know that the fingerprint scanner is avaliable to use. A lot of people probably never see it because if you use the fingerprint scanner it bypasses the lock screen and you never see it but if you just tap the power button to light up your lock screen you'll notice the fingerprint scanner icon, if you have the fingerprint scanner set up.

My A7 does not have the finger print icon on the lock screen. If I just push the power button I get the phone symbol on the left, a dash in the middle, and a camera icon on the right. I have the latest update on my A7 and I am not using a 3rd party launcher.

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@texasmade1 said:

I don't think that's an under the display fingerprint scanner. It's just the fingerprint scanner icon. My 6p and Pixel XL has that same icon on the lock screen. I hope the buttons light up. It's hard to tell if they do or not from that picture. I really don't think that's the A9 anyways but it's not a bad looking phone.

I don't like asking stupid questions but @westside80 why is there a fingerprint icon on your Pixel phone's lock screen if it's not a sensor? I hope that I don't regret asking that. 😁

Because it's letting you know that you can use the fingerprint scanner. My Axon 7 has the same exact icon on the lock screen in between the camera and mic icons. All 3 of my phones have that icon. I thought all phones with fingerprint scanners had that icon. Every one I've had has had it.

I'm happy that it wasn't a dumb question. Sorry for being naive but since I don't use a lockscreen I've never seen that.

All phones with fingerprint scanners have that icon on the lock screen. It's there just to let you know that the fingerprint scanner is avaliable to use. A lot of people probably never see it because if you use the fingerprint scanner it bypasses the lock screen and you never see it but if you just tap the power button to light up your lock screen you'll notice the fingerprint scanner icon, if you have the fingerprint scanner set up.

My A7 does not have the finger print icon on the lock screen. If I just push the power button I get the phone symbol on the left, a dash in the middle, and a camera icon on the right. I have the latest update on my A7 and I am not using a 3rd party launcher.

Turn off ZTE Locker.

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@ram1220 that's because you either are or aren't using ZTE Locker I can't remember which but if you'll scroll back to where you saw the post you quoted you'll see which it is.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@texasmade1 said:

Turn off ZTE Locker.

Sorry. For some reason posts in this forum are showing up out of order. I read other posts about this after I had commented. This forum is always wonky for me. And the fact that I can not delete a post drives me up a wall.

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@texasmade1 said:

Turn off ZTE Locker.

Sorry. For some reason posts in this forum are showing up out of order. I read other posts about this after I had commented. This forum is always wonky for me. And the fact that I can not delete a post drives me up a wall.

@ram1220 you can delete a post if you didn't actually post it. It will be saved as a draft and then you can delete it. Or if you posted it you can then edit it for I think 5 days after you posted it.

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@ram1220 said:

@westside80 said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@texasmade1 said:

Turn off ZTE Locker.

Not being able to delete a post drives me crazy too. I'm with you.

@dsprockeee1 said:

@westside80 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

Yeah I saw. In my defense it's kind of hard to navigate through Weibo using only Google Translate. So I guess it is on the site somewhere. Who knows.

No doubt. I stopped doing it a while back because it's just too difficult.

@hollap said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@westside80 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@dsprockeee1 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

You know that?

No doubt. I stopped doing it a while back because it's just too difficult.

Haha yeah. The translation part I can handle, it's the sites layout that requires a degree to understand.

• fzrrichfzrrich Buffalo New York Posts: 3,964 mod

I'm not sure if I trust that image...but I sure am glad to see the rumors starting to surface!! This must mean we are getting a bit closer to the real thing which is very exciting indeed!! :)

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 3,012 mod
    edited February 12, 2018 9:16PM

Personally I had to reflect on this before I could even comment lol, first and foremost I don't like the look of the device to me it looks like a rebranding of a Blade front and V8 pro rear. It doesn't really say higher end. I hope this is more of another extension of the Axon line like the Axon M with dual screens this has dual, dual cameras 😂 for a price range of $250 maybe $299 max just without knowing the true specs.
    In black rather than blue though for me. For the Axon 9 I would expect front facing speakers or I wouldn't be interested, no other speaker placement is convenient for holding the phone and watching media unless they where side firing speakers

@musicdjm said:
    Personally I had to reflect on this before I could even comment lol, first and foremost I don't like the look of the device to me it looks like a rebranding of a Blade front and V8 pro rear. It doesn't really say higher end. I hope this is more of another extension of the Axon line like the Axon M with dual screens this has dual, dual cameras 😂 for a price range of $250 maybe $299 max just without knowing the true specs.
    In black rather than blue though for me. For the Axon 9 I would expect front facing speakers or I wouldn't be interested, no other speaker placement is convenient for holding the phone and watching media unless they where side firing speakers

@musicdjm top and bottom firing speakers would be okay especially if they did it like the Alcatel Idol 4S.

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully, this is not the Axon 9. I like the blue, but I don't like the lack of dual front facing speakers. Also, even though people point out the fingerprint scanner icon on the lock screen. I don't believe on a phone as affordable as the Axon line that they could get the fingerprint scanner in display.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,085 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like @fzrrich, I don't know what device this is but it's nice to see a rumor about the A9. Hopefully we will start seeing more information leaking now that we are in February.

Is there much of a difference?

@hollap said:

Yes @hollap. The Samsung phone on the top has smaller bezels and is completely different on the back.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

Yes @hollap. The Samsung phone on the top has smaller bezels and is completely different on the back.

I agree. I see a lot of difference.

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

I agree. I see a lot of difference.

@westside80 I'm sure that @hollap can see the difference. I don't understand the comparison he's making.

• prevolitionprevolition Chicago, IL USAPosts: 17 ✭✭✭

No front facing stereo speakers is a deal breaker for me. I definitely will not buy the Axon 9 if this is true.