Please don't let this be the Axon 9 - Leaked images arise?

124»

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@prevolition said:
    No front facing stereo speakers is a deal breaker for me. I definitely will not buy the Axon 9 if this is true.

@prevolition time will tell but I'm sure that ZTE isn't making us wait two years for the Axon 7 replacement only to take away its best feature.

• texasmade1texasmade1 DFW-Dallas-Big DPosts: 493 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:
    Is there much of a difference?

Yes @hollap. The Samsung phone on the top has smaller bezels and is completely different on the back.

I agree. I see a lot of difference.

I concur👍🏼

• rasalonrasalon Atlanta, GA., USAPosts: 30 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allot of other websites are posting the same pics and the same concerns about the speaker grill. like GSMArena and GizmoChina among others. All referencing the same leaked images. however until someone posted a closeup of the top and bottom bezel's of the supposed Axon 9.... Is it me or, or does the texture of the top and bottom panel like where the front facing camera's and bottom buttons respectively look like a Grill pattern or again is it just me. All I read otherwise points to the same specs. Qualcomm 445 or whatever the same that will be in the GS9/+, 6" Amoled QHD screen, similar to what is in the Axon 7 but a the newer popular 16 x whatever the latest screen ration is like new GS8/+ and GS9/+ is. android Oreo by default with a more stock experience. Some websites claim there will be a 256GB internal storage model like the latest Iphones but with 8GB of ram. Some just have the 64GB/4GB and the 128GB/6GB. Not sure which one will be in the US but possibly all 3? Price they have a consensus on starts at $550 approx US which is higher than the A7 but not by much. Of course the 128GB and the 256GB will be higher price wise. Back will be a (not sure if it's a samsung this time) 20 megapixel main camera with a 2nd shooter and of the front 2 cameras, the main one is a 12 megapixel. None of the websites mention the grills on the back of the phone. All the pictures again are of the same Blue plasticky (can't tell otherwise) looking phone. Oh and where is that Fingerprint Scanner? 3 opinions between the websites out there. 1) It is now in the main circular home button, 2 it is actually under the screen like that ViVO phone or whatever that brand is that showed one like that off at CES 2018, or they have gone to some kind of Iphone 10 like Face ID type only thing. We'll see. Some speculate this may be announced as early as Mobile World Congress which starts on the 25th of this month in Barcelona Spain with the Samsung Unpacked GS9/+ event. But most people think it won't be till June or latter for the official announcement if they follow the same time frame as when the Axon 7 was announced.

All I will say here as this is all speculation, leaks and rumors, if nobody official here (I will not be naming names lol, no @ whatever's), will or can confirm or deny any of these speculations then we'll just wait and see what ZTE does. In the mean time I am glad A7 is getting some version of Oreo whenever they have it ready which will probably one of the last updates for the A7 as the A9 will get all the newer updates like Android P that Google just announced is in the works with even better App battery optimizations among other things.

@rasalon said:
    Allot of other websites are posting the same pics and the same concerns about the speaker grill. like GSMArena and GizmoChina among others. All referencing the same leaked images. however until someone posted a closeup of the top and bottom bezel's of the supposed Axon 9.... Is it me or, or does the texture of the top and bottom panel like where the front facing camera's and bottom buttons respectively look like a Grill pattern or again is it just me. All I read otherwise points to the same specs. Qualcomm 445 or whatever the same that will be in the GS9/+, 6" Amoled QHD screen, similar to what is in the Axon 7 but a the newer popular 16 x whatever the latest screen ration is like new GS8/+ and GS9/+ is. android Oreo by default with a more stock experience. Some websites claim there will be a 256GB internal storage model like the latest Iphones but with 8GB of ram. Some just have the 64GB/4GB and the 128GB/6GB. Not sure which one will be in the US but possibly all 3? Price they have a consensus on starts at $550 approx US which is higher than the A7 but not by much. Of course the 128GB and the 256GB will be higher price wise. Back will be a (not sure if it's a samsung this time) 20 megapixel main camera with a 2nd shooter and of the front 2 cameras, the main one is a 12 megapixel. None of the websites mention the grills on the back of the phone. All the pictures again are of the same Blue plasticky (can't tell otherwise) looking phone. Oh and where is that Fingerprint Scanner? 3 opinions between the websites out there. 1) It is now in the main circular home button, 2 it is actually under the screen like that ViVO phone or whatever that brand is that showed one like that off at CES 2018, or they have gone to some kind of Iphone 10 like Face ID type only thing. We'll see. Some speculate this may be announced as early as Mobile World Congress which starts on the 25th of this month in Barcelona Spain with the Samsung Unpacked GS9/+ event. But most people think it won't be till June or latter for the official announcement if they follow the same time frame as when the Axon 7 was announced.

All I will say here as this is all speculation, leaks and rumors, if nobody official here (I will not be naming names lol, no @ whatever's), will or can confirm or deny any of these speculations then we'll just wait and see what ZTE does. In the mean time I am glad A7 is getting some version of Oreo whenever they have it ready which will probably one of the last updates for the A7 as the A9 will get all the newer updates like Android P that Google just announced is in the works with even better App battery optimizations among other things.

@rasalon you've got this figured out and I agree we should just wait and see.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jyee said:

@Aerospaceman said:
    I moved this thread to Rumor Mill just for these reasons. Speculate away ;)

Since this has been moved to Rumor Mill, I'll speculate away... I'm looking forward to the next Axon supporting the anti-gravity feature. It's been a long time in development. :)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't spend too much time on leaks that are likely not correct.

I'm waiting for ZTE to give us some info on it. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to get some tidbits :smile:

• 14blank4014blank40 Toronto, OntarioPosts: 253 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have to say, ZTE really deserves some props here in terms of how well they can hide their devices. It's really impressive :D

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jyee said:

@Aerospaceman said:

Since this has been moved to Rumor Mill, I'll speculate away... I'm looking forward to the next Axon supporting the anti-gravity feature. It's been a long time in development. :)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't spend too much time on leaks that are likely not correct.

Inside information. I love it :wink:

• texasmade1texasmade1 DFW-Dallas-Big DPosts: 493 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jyee said:

@Aerospaceman said:

Perfectly put, thanks @jyee ... The best info yet..

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever the design may me, y'all better not remove the headphone jack.

@busyman said:
    Whatever the design may me, y'all better not remove the headphone jack.

@busyman I'm not saying that ZTE will remove the headphone jack with the A9 but it's inevitable that it's becoming extinct.

124»