Widget Screen Blank

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I'm going to ask anyway. My ZTE Blade ZMAX will not give me my widget screen. For instance: I touch and hold a blank spot on the screen, the widget option comes up at the bottom, I click on it and.... nothing. I get a completely blank screen. Is this an issue? I've already had to factory reset this phone once and lost everything, so unfortunately that isn't an option for me, personally. I'll live with just a weather icon to click on instead of a widget if needed. However, if anyone out there has had this problem and/or knows the super-secret-squirrel way of fixing it, I would be eternally grateful!

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @ChimamaGA ,

Do you have third party launcher installed? If so, try to clear the app's data and cache and/or uninstall it, see if that would help to bring the widgets back.

• wings4anniewings4annie Orange,caPosts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ChimamaGA hi!
    My widget screen comes up fine.
    Do you have any launcher app.
    Refer back to @samsamha.
    I will keep playing with my phone and see if I can reproduce the blank screen.
    Let us know

• omgscaryomgscary NCPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@ChimamaGA I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution yet?

• This is crazy. I was having the exact same problem with my Blade Zmax. No widgets showing up to select from. Like the first poster, I long pressed on the home screen, it comes back with the screen that has "wallpaper, widgets, settings" at the bottom. Then when I press widgets, all I got was a totally blank page, no widgets at all. I tried all kinds of solutions, clearing the cache, resetting apps, nothing worked. Then, just as I was typing this, I decided to try putting a new app icon onto the screen. I chose "battery widget reborn", which is just a battery monitoring app that also includes a widget with it. I went to app, long pressed that app icon, moved it to the screen. When I went back to look for widgets, I was surprised to see that not only was the battery widget reborn widget there, but all the other widgets that I could not see or find were now there on that screen where you can choose them. IDK what triggered this, but I assume it was because the battery widget reborn app has a widget with it and somehow that tickled the process. Hope it stays this way and maybe this will be useful to those of you having the problem.

• rompilatorrompilator Woodland, caPosts: 1 ✭✭

I figured out the problem for me it was when I downloaded my Google Play Games app when I deleted it my screen instantly went back to normal when I tried to do my widgets so it's a application causing the problem probably an app that doesn't support Widgets or the phone that doesn't support the app

• wings4anniewings4annie Orange,caPosts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rompilator said:
    I figured out the problem for me it was when I downloaded my Google Play Games app when I deleted it my screen instantly went back to normal when I tried to do my widgets so it's a application causing the problem probably an app that doesn't support Widgets or the phone that doesn't support the app

Glad you figured it out!!!

• BspyerBspyer NjPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited February 16, 2018 12:14AM

I have the zte and to get the widgets to show again I had to go to settings then notifications then find launcher then override the do not disturb. Go back to home screen and long press. Fixed the problem for me.