Bluetooth battery level indicator Axon 7

mousemouse Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried to find a thread that spoke to this issue but they were all rather vague.
Does the Axon 7 support this feature or not? I have read many threads elsewhere that offer conflicting answers to whether or not this is supported by Android at all. Many have said that this feature was available from Android 5.1.1 lollipop. Others say that it will be included in Oreo 8.1(XDA forum) and yet still other say it is included in 8.0 (OnePlus forum). Yes, I am aware of the apps from the Playstore, however, I am asking about native support.
If this feature is not currently native to the Axon 7 will the Oreo update include it? Can any of the BETA Testers say?

Comments

• 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2018 1:25PM

@mouse said:
    I tried to find a thread that spoke to this issue but they were all rather vague.
    Does the Axon 7 support this feature or not? I have read many threads elsewhere that offer conflicting answers to whether or not this is supported by Android at all. Many have said that this feature was available from Android 5.1.1 lollipop. Others say that it will be included in Oreo 8.1(XDA forum) and yet still other say it is included in 8.0 (OnePlus forum). Yes, I am aware of the apps from the Playstore, however, I am asking about native support.
    If this feature is not currently native to the Axon 7 will the Oreo update include it? Can any of the BETA Testers say?

It is not supported by the Axon 7 natively currently. The Bluetooth battery indicator is part of 8.1 update, but some companies have added that functionality much before google decide to include it so they may have it before the 8.1 update. Beta testers I believe have to sign a NDA so they can't tell you, but I believe that the Axon 7 is getting 8.0 so it probably won't be included natively in the next update

• mousemouse Posts: 85 ✭✭✭✭✭

@14blank40 Thanks for the clarification...👍

• 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @jimlloyd40 and @mouse I'm certain that the Axon 7 will be getting 8.1 so just hang on for a little longer