Friend's important pdf document

brandonwarddbrandonwardd SeattlePosts: 1

My friend sent me .pdf file some days ago, I opened it and after closed. Today I have to open it again, but I couldn't. Don't know what might happen with it, but I need to do it.

Comments

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you receive some sort of error message? Do you have the Google PDF viewer installed?

• musicdjmmusicdjm United States Posts: 3,124 mod

Are you just unable to locate where it is ? If not then try going into the file manager app and then select documents, if not able to locate it in there then click the download manager app and it should be there as well.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did he sent it through email? If you are trying to open it again through the email app, could be an app cache issue. I have had that with Outlook in older versions. Clearing app cahche helped it.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 145 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yahoo Android email will deleted downloaded pdf in your download folder in 3 to 5 dayd if you don't move it to different folder. It is since April 2017 when Yahoo released new app and et permission to delete in your sd card.

Xodo pdf is much better than any other pdf apps. It does not ask for all typess of permission s like Google. Pdf viewer.

Can you save it again ?

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Definetely recommend XODO to view pdf files. You can also you the Gdrive app, see if your friend can email the file again then upload it to your Gdrive just in case. Another thing you can do is make sure the file extension is still .pdf, you might have renamed the file somehow.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,558 mod

@jimlloyd40 Not if he didn't download it. I tend to view items in gmail, but not download them as gmail keeps it safe.

• elliotrelliotr DC, WashingtonPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

@brandonwardd said:
    My friend sent me .pdf file some days ago, I opened it and after closed. Today I have to open it again, but I couldn't. Don't know what might happen with it, but I need to do it.

Dude, in case pdf document was created by yourself and nothing can open it. I would suggest you to search some solutions in Google with query recovery pdf, for me one of the best there is https://onlinefile.repair/en/pdf.html - it is online service where you can upload your document to see complete result, if you don't like it, you may refuse.