Charging Sound not in media/sound/ui?

Hi, I wanted to change charging sound of stock rom, cuz its so annoying, and i cant turn it off. So I wanted to change it, but ZTE is so cocky, that I m not able to find charging sounds in system/media/sounds/ui. I was able to change lock, unlock, touch and keyboard sounds, but charging ones are no wherw to be found. Does anyone know where is the file of charging sound in stock rom? (i wasnt able to find it in LineageOS as well, but on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4)

Comments

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen an option to change it on any phone before. I usually disable it because I don't want to hear that sound effect.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2018 12:06AM

I agree, I don't think there is an option, though on some devices I'm guessing you could find it in some obscure folder and change it. But I thought somebody else a LONG time ago wanted change multiple system sounds and they never found a way to do it.

• flyerandyflyerandy Steamboat SpringsPosts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 11:57PM

Looks like the OP may have gotten his/her answer over at XDA, but in case anyone needs this info on this side of things, the 'charging.ogg' file is located in:

/system/priv-app/SystemUI_ZTE/SystemUI_ZTE.apk/res/raw

Change it at your own risk...I tried with 7-Zip and ended up in trouble lol...so not really recommended without some know-how that exceeds my own...I think it was an issue with signing or something but honestly have no clue as usually SystemUI mods aren't a big deal :)

Credits to 'raystef66' at XDA for communicating the location of this file.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@flyerandy said:
    Looks like the OP may have gotten his/her answer over at XDA, but in case anyone needs this info on this side of things, the 'charging.ogg' file is located in:

/system/priv-app/SystemUI_ZTE/SystemUI_ZTE.apk/res/raw

Change it at your own risk...I tried with 7-Zip and ended up in trouble lol...so not really recommended without some know-how that exceeds my own...I think it was an issue with signing or something but honestly have no clue as usually SystemUI mods aren't a big deal :)

Credits to 'raystef66' at XDA for communicating the location of this file.

Thanks for the update and info @flyerandy. Thankfully i turn my sound off so I don't need to try this one. :)