Over heating

Lone_WolfLone_Wolf Old ForgePosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else have problems with the AXON M over heating?

Comments

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I never experienced anything like that. Does it give you an error about overheating?

• Lone_WolfLone_Wolf Old ForgePosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mostly with normal use it gets pretty hot.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If there is no warning or crash then it's not overheating. It might just be getting warm, I only remember mine getting slightly warm during gaming.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never had this issue either. Are there any other things that are weird like battery usage low, or slowness? I'm assuming some app or process may be going wild on your device.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,542 mod

It is totally normal for a phone to warm up during extended use, or even while using resource extensive apps such a youtube, or games. Many times a device can get quite warm which can be alarming for some users. Smartphone have the ability to cool down rather quickly, as well as sensors that closely monitor for excessive heat. If your device reaches temperatures that are above the safety it will trigger a notification for you.You can always post your temps here, as that will also give us a better idea of whats going on. If you believe your device is heating up, definitely use common sense.

• BirdzillaBirdzilla United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

I have ran into an overheating issue trying to run my mobile hotspot and charge the phone at the same time. With in 10 mins of doing both, my phone warns me of overheating with a notification at the top. I have been able to fix this by opeinging up the phone and letting the heat transfer into what ever it is laying on. Maybe try opening the flip screen to let it breath?

• Lone_WolfLone_Wolf Old ForgePosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does 101.48 degrees Fahrenheit seam for a phone?

• AnthonyTAnthonyT United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭

My phone gets very hot from normal use like texting. It gets so hot that the metal frame begins to burn my hand. I feel that could be very unsafe. I have had them send me a replacement twince and all of them have done this.

• techman_hou_Axon_Mtechman_hou_Axon_M United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭

Mine overheats, or gets really warm - but not too hot to handle. Very common when using it for Google Maps in car. I got the Car vent clip holder after having the phone for 4 months...and it helps as phone is under constant cold air flow now.

Occasionally the phone will get rather warm, but that is only after constant usage (> hour straight using Ancestry or FamilySearch for genealogical research). Often the phone is also plugged into the charger when this happens.

Regular and occasional usage it does fine, but I seldom use phone for extended conversation. Yet at least one call that lasted> 30 min, the phone was getting really warm (not on charger).

• slfields13slfields13 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

The only time my phone will overheat is if I have it in direct sunlight. Other than that, never an issue.

• mmyeshiammyeshia United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    My phone overheats all the time this is the 3rd on I have had and it eiwi overheat just with normal use but I also ninotic it when charging in the car.