pushing out updates

13»

Comments

• wabob35wabob35 Philadelphia, PAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm very new to rooting and etc. about androids. I see that the ZTE BLADE ZMAX wasn't root-able which is a shame because the phone was good (to me). Now, I'm hearing that this phone will not have a root in the near future. Can someone please see if this is true. Also, why the owners of the ZTE BLADE ZMAX can't have admin accesses to their own phones? Is it ZTE that is not allowing this or MetroPcs? And I'm very new to this type of stuff so please do not mind me being lost or confused.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United States Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wabob35 said:
    Hi,

I'm very new to rooting and etc. about androids. I see that the ZTE BLADE ZMAX wasn't root-able which is a shame because the phone was good (to me). Now, I'm hearing that this phone will not have a root in the near future. Can someone please see if this is true. Also, why the owners of the ZTE BLADE ZMAX can't have admin accesses to their own phones? Is it ZTE that is not allowing this or MetroPcs? And I'm very new to this type of stuff so please do not mind me being lost or confused.

@wabob35 ZTE Carrier devices have a locked Bootloader this is due to the contract ZTE has with the carrier....... So basically MetroPCS is not allowing the bootloader to be unlocked.

As for Admin rights......as @jimlloyd40 stated above as the owner of the device you are the administrator but the device.

• cjbrown_lvcjbrown_lv Las VegasPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have Android OS 7.1.1 Nougat (with the latest Security Patch February 2018)

I'm in no rush for any OS Updates, until Beta Tests prove things will be work just fine. 👍

Meanwhile, I do use Security Master (paid version, because I don't care for the adverts) to protect and block against hackers, robo calls, unwanted phone calls / text messages, etc - anyone else have a preferred AntiVirus / Call Blocker Protection App ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.security&hl=en