Ridiculous lack of warranty service from dfcomputer for Canadian warranty

bluenotebluenote United StatesPosts: 42 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 7, 2018 3:12PM in Axon

So this is the entirety of an email I just received from dfcomputer regarding my Axon 7 (Canadian zte service center):

"Dear ZTE customer,

We have refund your deposit $650 due to shortage of replacement devices and parts, the service is closed. "

ZTE pick up your socks please. Get these guys some phones and parts, and coach them on how to provide proper service!!!! This is ridiculous, I should not have to chase them to find out what to do with my device.

«13

Comments

  • smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Bound to happen some day man. They stopped selling the Axon 7 on their site so it's only natural they finally run out of stock for replacements as well. You got refunded so they did their job in the end! If you truly want another axon 7 try eBay, Swappa, letgo, etc.! Sorry man good luck!

  • bluenotebluenote United StatesPosts: 42 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @smh032395 said:
    Bound to happen some day man. They stopped selling the Axon 7 on their site so it's only natural they finally run out of stock for replacements as well. You got refunded so they did their job in the end! If you truly want another axon 7 try eBay, Swappa, letgo, etc.! Sorry man good luck!

    It sounds like you're saying I should just forget about the rest of my warranty period. I don't think so, considering it's two years.

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2018 7:33PM

    @bluenote said:
    So this is the entirety of an email I just received from dfcomputer regarding my Axon 7 (Canadian zte service center):

    "Dear ZTE customer,

    We have refund your deposit $650 due to shortage of replacement devices and parts, the service is closed. "

    ZTE pick up your socks please. Get these guys some phones and parts, and coach them on how to provide proper service!!!! This is ridiculous, I should not have to chase them to find out what to do with my device.

    I would suggest getting in touch with ZTE Canada. They were able to at least help me find out when new parts were coming in when I had to fix my phone.

    Edit: I contacted them via twitter by the way

  • bluenotebluenote United StatesPosts: 42 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @14blank40 said:

    @bluenote said:
    So this is the entirety of an email I just received from dfcomputer regarding my Axon 7 (Canadian zte service center):

    "Dear ZTE customer,

    We have refund your deposit $650 due to shortage of replacement devices and parts, the service is closed. "

    ZTE pick up your socks please. Get these guys some phones and parts, and coach them on how to provide proper service!!!! This is ridiculous, I should not have to chase them to find out what to do with my device.

    I would suggest getting in touch with ZTE Canada. They were able to at least help me find out when new parts were coming in when I had to fix my phone.

    Edit: I contacted them via twitter by the way

    Thank you, I tweeted them this morning but since you say they actually helped you out I will press them.

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @bluenote said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @bluenote said:
    So this is the entirety of an email I just received from dfcomputer regarding my Axon 7 (Canadian zte service center):

    "Dear ZTE customer,

    We have refund your deposit $650 due to shortage of replacement devices and parts, the service is closed. "

    ZTE pick up your socks please. Get these guys some phones and parts, and coach them on how to provide proper service!!!! This is ridiculous, I should not have to chase them to find out what to do with my device.

    I would suggest getting in touch with ZTE Canada. They were able to at least help me find out when new parts were coming in when I had to fix my phone.

    Edit: I contacted them via twitter by the way

    Thank you, I tweeted them this morning but since you say they actually helped you out I will press them.

    The response time may not be the greatest, but they did get to it and it's certainly more help then what you would get with just Df Computers so it's definitely worth pressing on. (Just for your reference, it took them 1-2 days to respond back to me for any of my questions)

  • marcwool1marcwool1 CanadaPosts: 117 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @smh032395 said:
    Bound to happen some day man. They stopped selling the Axon 7 on their site so it's only natural they finally run out of stock for replacements as well. You got refunded so they did their job in the end! If you truly want another axon 7 try eBay, Swappa, letgo, etc.! Sorry man good luck!

    That is ridiculous reasoning. My axon 7 is not quite 1 year old, I have more than a year's warranty left on it, I have not needed to use the warranty (knock on wood) but I sure as hell expect the warranty to be honoured for the 2 years that were specified.

  • smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    People if a company is out of parts and have no plans to manufacturer more what do you expect!? They refunded money to the man period! Call it as you want but when you run out you run out and ZTE tried to rectify it! Like the man up top said get in touch with em and see if they will be getting more stock in and if so when. Sorry if I upset you guys but in life things sometimes don't work out.

  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I would be absolutely satisfied with an option like this. If they flat out don't have the parts or replacements to fix the product, and are giving you full price back for your device to satisfy a warranty that's already a year and a half in, I'd be a happy customer.

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @hollap said:
    I would be absolutely satisfied with an option like this. If they flat out don't have the parts or replacements to fix the product, and are giving you full price back for your device to satisfy a warranty that's already a year and a half in, I'd be a happy customer.

    That's only because he decided to do the advance exchange or premium exchange. That repair option costs a deposit of $650 as they give you a replacement phone to work with till your phone is fixed.

  • smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    That's not correct the repair option is 400 plus 80. If he got 650 back use it to buy a Pixel or someone!

  • smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2018 12:52AM

    On top of that the op doesn't give an info about his exchange or the type he used! Half Moderated stories are good but at least put a killer with a cabin in it!?

  • smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    And a spoon they always use knives so a soon that is all

  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @bluenote said:
    That was my own money they refunded for the advance exchange. I'm Canadian, that's Canadian dollars and that's the cost for the advanced exchange. You can stop spewing nonsense now SMH.

    Ahhhh I see now. I misunderstood. @sshasan or @Aerospaceman is there anything we can do for Canada (Or US for that matter) users in this situation?

  • bluenotebluenote United StatesPosts: 42 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @hollap said:

    @bluenote said:
    That was my own money they refunded for the advance exchange. I'm Canadian, that's Canadian dollars and that's the cost for the advanced exchange. You can stop spewing nonsense now SMH.

    Ahhhh I see now. I misunderstood. @sshasan or @Aerospaceman is there anything we can do for Canada (Or US for that matter) users in this situation?

    Hope that last wasn't misunderstood, I wasn't chastising you for misunderstanding. The other poster, now..

  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @bluenote said:

    @hollap said:

    @bluenote said:
    That was my own money they refunded for the advance exchange. I'm Canadian, that's Canadian dollars and that's the cost for the advanced exchange. You can stop spewing nonsense now SMH.

    Ahhhh I see now. I misunderstood. @sshasan or @Aerospaceman is there anything we can do for Canada (Or US for that matter) users in this situation?

    Hope that last wasn't misunderstood, I wasn't chastising you for misunderstanding. The other poster, now..

    Nope, all is good with me :)

  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    So you have a phone still under warranty...and they don't have the replacement devices or parts to do warranty work. If you phone breaks, you are out of luck unless you want to take them to small claims court or something. Talk to a legal aid lawyer, they will help you fill out the paperwork if need be. I did this once and as soon as I filed, I got a check in the mail so they didn't have to pay a lawyer to show up to court in my small town.

  • stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I'll bet if you read the warranty in its entirety somewhere in that legalese you will probably find something about replacing the phone with another one of a different kind.

  • amd7674amd7674 CanadaPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭

    @bluenote said:
    That was my own money they refunded for the advance exchange. I'm Canadian, that's Canadian dollars and that's the cost for the advanced exchange. You can stop spewing nonsense now SMH.

    I'm sorry about that : -( Please keep us in the loop. I have an issue with one of my two Axon 7 phones and I would like to service it in the next few weeks. If they don't have parts/replacement units, they should either give us money back or give us their upcoming Axon 9 for free.

  • bluenotebluenote United StatesPosts: 42 ✭✭✭✭✭

    So dfcomputer has gotten back to me, after I contacted them again, and specified they have no idea when more phones and parts will arrive. And to check back 'later'.

  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,889 admin

    @hollap said:

    @bluenote said:
    That was my own money they refunded for the advance exchange. I'm Canadian, that's Canadian dollars and that's the cost for the advanced exchange. You can stop spewing nonsense now SMH.

    Ahhhh I see now. I misunderstood. @sshasan or @Aerospaceman is there anything we can do for Canada (Or US for that matter) users in this situation?

    I'll reach out and see if I can get some more information.

  • TGstringTGstring TorontoPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

    sounds like they're going to drag on "later" until the 25th month of ownership...

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    When I first applied, they told me to check in a month later. But I contacted ZTE Canada instead who told me that parts were available and that I should send it in.

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @14blank40 said:
    When I first applied, they told me to check in a month later. But I contacted ZTE Canada instead who told me that parts were available and that I should send it in.

    Very helpful post @14blank40. It sounds like ZTE needs a new source in Canada to handle warranty claims.

    Well that was due to them having a lack of parts.... I'm really not sure who to blame or who to ask about how to resolve this issue, but I will admit that DF computers, communication needs to be stronger with us

  • cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @14blank40 said:
    When I first applied, they told me to check in a month later. But I contacted ZTE Canada instead who told me that parts were available and that I should send it in.

    Very helpful post @14blank40. It sounds like ZTE needs a new source in Canada to handle warranty claims.

    Well that was due to them having a lack of parts.... I'm really not sure who to blame or who to ask about how to resolve this issue, but I will admit that DF computers, communication needs to be stronger with us

    I don't know what the truth is either but DF Computers just leaves people in limbo and doesn't offer any solution. It's also a law that manufacturers have to have replacement parts available for a certain length of time and I don't know how long that is for cell phones. Or they have to refund the purchase or offer a phone with equal capabilities and price. @14blank40 if you would have accepted DF Computers excuse you might still be waiting but you were proactive and solved the problem.

    I don't think there is any laws in Canada that manufacturers must have parts.
    Nor Canadian Government will enforce it. If it is CRA revenue tax case..yes.they will after you even if the government found wrong in court.

  • stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @cf07 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @14blank40 said:
    When I first applied, they told me to check in a month later. But I contacted ZTE Canada instead who told me that parts were available and that I should send it in.

    Very helpful post @14blank40. It sounds like ZTE needs a new source in Canada to handle warranty claims.

    Well that was due to them having a lack of parts.... I'm really not sure who to blame or who to ask about how to resolve this issue, but I will admit that DF computers, communication needs to be stronger with us

    I don't know what the truth is either but DF Computers just leaves people in limbo and doesn't offer any solution. It's also a law that manufacturers have to have replacement parts available for a certain length of time and I don't know how long that is for cell phones. Or they have to refund the purchase or offer a phone with equal capabilities and price. @14blank40 if you would have accepted DF Computers excuse you might still be waiting but you were proactive and solved the problem.

    I don't think there is any laws in Canada that manufacturers must have parts.
    Nor Canadian Government will enforce it. If it is CRA revenue tax case..yes.they will after you even if the government found wrong in court.

    I would be very surprised if Canada didn't have laws about that.

    LMAO! You would spend more at your first meeting with an attorney than the phone is worth.

  • 14blank4014blank40 CanadaPosts: 413 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Unfortunately, I don't think it's worth going after them in the court of law. While I don't know the law by heart, my assumption is that DF Computers would blame ZTE for not making enough parts, and then ZTE would give a response of some sort and it would just be a back and forth. I have to admit though, it would be nice to see ZTE sell parts like batteries or the camera or screen straight to the public, like some other companies do. That was if the warranty is out but you want to repair the phone, you can try yourself.

Sign In or Register to comment.