ZTE Zmax Pro Metropcs Can't update

skyethurskyethur Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭

Hello ZTE I just bought my ZTE zmax pro today 12/15/16 at metropcs store and my firmware is still in B08 and I when I tap update firmware it says it is in new update. Can you help me fix this to update to new firmware I need video call on my dialer. Please!

Comments

• I have 2 Zmax Pros and they are doing the same thing.  What happened to the MetroPCS update, did it get pulled.  Getting info from ZTE is like pulling teeth.  Must be a state secret.

• skyethurskyethur Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know who can do the push-update is it metropcs or zte? I think metropcs is responsible for our firmware update.

• I really don't know.  If you ask ZTE they say MetroPCS, if you ask MetroPCS they say ZTE.  I really don't care who as long as it gets done and done correctly.

• skyethurskyethur Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭

I been hitting update firmware every hour and no luck.. Someone has to push the update using IMEI.

• ahmadaamer6ahmadaamer6 Posts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manually flashed the B12 update through recovery. I have only had one issue. The video calling button is grayed out. I can only start a video call from a persons contact card, not from the phones dialer. I used these instructions to manually flash the update!

https://plus.google.com/+luigiEXE2014/posts/UJ73BstoRpg

• g239mg239m Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

i can't update mine either. I saw online there is a .21 update but the one for my phone is only .14

I was able to download it but it wont install.

I think it's because it's told me to remove the micro sd card which I won't because it's a PITA, and from what I have read since android uses that card like your regular memory if you remove it, it can damage the card so it can't be reused.