Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We currently aren't recruiting for any open beta's at this time. Please check back soon.

Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

Axon 7 A2017U Oreo Preview Program

Comments

• icerevolvericerevolver Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

@freeza said:

@Aerospaceman said:
    We are currently selecting our second round of testers for the Oreo preview program. Those selected should receive an invitation sometime next week. If you are selected you will be required to sign an NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) and we ask that you do not comment if you have been selected.

I trust that your fondness for me and my very vocal presence here will earn me a respectable recommendation from you to get in on this round, @Aerospaceman. :D :D :D :D o:)

Yeah, I hope you get in also. I really wouldn't mind myself. I'm on my 4th ZTE device and I plan on getting the Axon 9.

Been waiting for this moment now for a while, I hope I get an invite and good luck to everyone in here. I'm loving the community. 😁

@necromnicon said:
    If anyone that did get accepted does not already know. This info could prove very useful to you as it will alleviate the ZTE developers from having to explain it.

How to use logcat
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726238
    ;)

Thanks

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:
    This thread came alive all of a sudden. 😂

Everyone wants a piece of that Oreo action 😂

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Because they taste so good!

@wiseman13 said:

Exactly

• gryphticongryphticon Quebec, CanadaPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty excited. I hope I get chosen. Really eager to see the new UI. While MiFavor grew on me, I still do prefer the consistency of a nearly stock only UI.

• z28camaromanz28camaroman United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gryphticon said:
    I'm pretty excited. I hope I get chosen. Really eager to see the new UI. While MiFavor grew on me, I still do prefer the consistency of a nearly stock only UI.

Same. It'd also be nice to see if Andromeda/Substratum work with that consistency. All the more reason I'd be a good beta tester, ZTE.

• yibrushnyibrushn CaliforniaPosts: 35 ✭✭✭✭✭

@freeza said:

@Aerospaceman said:
    We are currently selecting our second round of testers for the Oreo preview program. Those selected should receive an invitation sometime next week. If you are selected you will be required to sign an NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) and we ask that you do not comment if you have been selected.

I trust that your fondness for me and my very vocal presence here will earn me a respectable recommendation from you to get in on this round, @Aerospaceman. :D :D :D :D o:)

I'm hoping my lurking and always clicking "helpful" and "like" on @Aerospaceman posts will have the same result for me :D

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,554 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wiseman13 said:

Double stuffed for the win. Regular Oreos I just consider "Diet Oreos"

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasonscarter said:

@wiseman13 said:

I see your double stuffed and raise you to triple stuffed. Heck lets go full on "Mega Stuff" You know it is good when all you can call it is stuff!

@jasonscarter said:

@wiseman13 said:

What do you consider mini Oreos or those things Oreos?

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@14blank40 said:

@jasonscarter said:

@wiseman13 said:

Oreo Zero

@freeza said:

@14blank40 said:

@jasonscarter said:

@wiseman13 said:

Oreo Zero

Haha, if only they were

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like things are progressing nicely since they are doing the second round of beta testing!!

• caelironstaffcaelironstaff USAPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

I wish I knew whether or not camera2 api will be part of the update, but I understand that NDA is necessary in a beta so those who might know cannot say. Fingers crossed.

@caelironstaff said:
    I wish I knew whether or not camera2 api will be part of the update, but I understand that NDA is necessary in a beta so those who might know cannot say. Fingers crossed.

Same. This camera still has such untapped potential

@caelironstaff said:

Well, it's only like 2 weeks away from public release (if they're early) or 6 weeks at the latest before we know for sure

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 688 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 4:41PM

@14blank40 said:

@caelironstaff said:

Well, it's only like 2 weeks away from public release (if they're early) or 6 weeks at the latest before we know for sure

2 weeks away from public release? Im sure that's pertaining to the rumored April release of Oreo for the Axon7. It's possible if all goes smooth.
    They are just getting the 2nd round of beta testing with invites going out sometime this upcoming week. However if round 2 goes as smooth as it seems round 1 went as they moved onto the 2nd round rather quick in my opinion, then I could see a possible late April release. Maybe right before the end of the month of April or even the first week of May would be fine for me. It's not that far away, and then oreo bliss 🤔
    I just want the latest security patch and the build to be so smooth that it makes me love ZTE's new close to stock approach/UI for unlocked flagships available in NA.

Good luck to all on the 2 round selections, heck maybe I might even get in.. It would be a pretty cool experience.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@caelironstaff said:

2 weeks away from public release? Im sure that's pertaining to the rumored April release of Oreo for the Axon7. It's possible if all goes smooth.
    They are just getting the 2nd round of beta testing with invites going out sometime this upcoming week. However if round 2 goes as smooth as it seems round 1 went as they moved onto the 2nd round rather quick in my opinion, then I could see a possible late April release. Maybe right before the end of the month of April or even the first week of May would be fine for me. It's not that far away, and then oreo bliss 🤔
    I just want the latest security patch and the build to be so smooth that it makes me love ZTE's new close to stock approach/UI for unlocked flagships available in NA.

Good luck to all on the 2 round selections, heck maybe I might even get in.. It would be a pretty cool experience.

The April release rumors were just that...rumors. If it comes in April it comes in April. I'm not holding my breath, as B35 is bringing me some great battery life right now. I'm hoping Oreo doesn't screw that up. Great to see they are making progress though!

ZTE was one of the firsts to upgrade to 7, if April does happen, they will be towards the front of getting 8 out as well. Which is really good considering this phone is from 2016, and a lot of 2017 phones won't even have it by April.

• Im__AxionIm__Axion CanadaPosts: 7 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@caelironstaff said:

The April release rumors were just that...rumors. If it comes in April it comes in April. I'm not holding my breath, as B35 is bringing me some great battery life right now. I'm hoping Oreo doesn't screw that up. Great to see they are making progress though!

I think I'm gonna have to reset my device, since the B35 update I can barely get 2 and half hours of SOT.

@Im__Axion said:

@hollap said:

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@caelironstaff said:

I think I'm gonna have to reset my device, since the B35 update I can barely get 2 and half hours of SOT.

Honestly I'm using greenify to keep my battery life running smoothly. If I didn't have greenify, my battery would drain too quickly because apps keep running in the background and wouldn't go into deep sleep.

@jasonscarter said:
    ZTE was one of the firsts to upgrade to 7, if April does happen, they will be towards the front of getting 8 out as well. Which is really good considering this phone is from 2016, and a lot of 2017 phones won't even have it by April.

Towards the front of what? Lol they're really lagging with 8.0 as other oems have had betas and some even final for months

Galaxy S8 just started their rollout and Note 8 is still 2 weeks away. Same with LG for the V30 just starting to roll out. Nothing for their G6 yet. Essential just got thier update today. HTC just started in the past week or so with certain models. (HTC U Ultra specifically)

https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

Not a lot of devices on 8.0 yet. And we talking about upgrades from pervious versions here, so the number is actually smaller if we remove devices that shipped with 8.0.

edited March 13, 2018 8:38PM

@14blank40 said:

@Im__Axion said:

@hollap said:

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@caelironstaff said:

Honestly I'm using greenify to keep my battery life running smoothly. If I didn't have greenify, my battery would drain too quickly because apps keep running in the background and wouldn't go into deep sleep.

I've used Greenify on all my devices since it was in the day it became available, a great utility.

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@Im__Axion said:

@hollap said:

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@caelironstaff said:

I've used Greenify on all my devices since it was in the day it became available, a great utility.

The only real annoyance I have with it is the automated hibernation function. Since I use Nova Launcher I use the double tap to turn screen off function, but now it doesn't lock immediately because otherwise greenify won't be able to auto hibernate.

@14blank40 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@Im__Axion said:

@hollap said:

@texasmade1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@caelironstaff said:

The only real annoyance I have with it is the automated hibernation function. Since I use Nova Launcher I use the double tap to turn screen off function, but now it doesn't lock immediately because otherwise greenify won't be able to auto hibernate.

I have the same exact problem. So instead I just use Greenify's hibernate now widget as a workaround, that's the only way I've found around it. I just hit the hibernate now widget and then after all have finished going to hibernate mode, I double tap to turn the screen off.