Please don't let this be the Axon 9 - Leaked images arise?

Comments

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:
    Is there much of a difference?

Yes @hollap. The Samsung phone on the top has smaller bezels and is completely different on the back.

I agree. I see a lot of difference.

I concur👍🏼

• rasalonrasalon Atlanta, GA., USAPosts: 94 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allot of other websites are posting the same pics and the same concerns about the speaker grill. like GSMArena and GizmoChina among others. All referencing the same leaked images. however until someone posted a closeup of the top and bottom bezel's of the supposed Axon 9.... Is it me or, or does the texture of the top and bottom panel like where the front facing camera's and bottom buttons respectively look like a Grill pattern or again is it just me. All I read otherwise points to the same specs. Qualcomm 445 or whatever the same that will be in the GS9/+, 6" Amoled QHD screen, similar to what is in the Axon 7 but a the newer popular 16 x whatever the latest screen ration is like new GS8/+ and GS9/+ is. android Oreo by default with a more stock experience. Some websites claim there will be a 256GB internal storage model like the latest Iphones but with 8GB of ram. Some just have the 64GB/4GB and the 128GB/6GB. Not sure which one will be in the US but possibly all 3? Price they have a consensus on starts at $550 approx US which is higher than the A7 but not by much. Of course the 128GB and the 256GB will be higher price wise. Back will be a (not sure if it's a samsung this time) 20 megapixel main camera with a 2nd shooter and of the front 2 cameras, the main one is a 12 megapixel. None of the websites mention the grills on the back of the phone. All the pictures again are of the same Blue plasticky (can't tell otherwise) looking phone. Oh and where is that Fingerprint Scanner? 3 opinions between the websites out there. 1) It is now in the main circular home button, 2 it is actually under the screen like that ViVO phone or whatever that brand is that showed one like that off at CES 2018, or they have gone to some kind of Iphone 10 like Face ID type only thing. We'll see. Some speculate this may be announced as early as Mobile World Congress which starts on the 25th of this month in Barcelona Spain with the Samsung Unpacked GS9/+ event. But most people think it won't be till June or latter for the official announcement if they follow the same time frame as when the Axon 7 was announced.

All I will say here as this is all speculation, leaks and rumors, if nobody official here (I will not be naming names lol, no @ whatever's), will or can confirm or deny any of these speculations then we'll just wait and see what ZTE does. In the mean time I am glad A7 is getting some version of Oreo whenever they have it ready which will probably one of the last updates for the A7 as the A9 will get all the newer updates like Android P that Google just announced is in the works with even better App battery optimizations among other things.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jyee said:

@Aerospaceman said:
    I moved this thread to Rumor Mill just for these reasons. Speculate away ;)

Since this has been moved to Rumor Mill, I'll speculate away... I'm looking forward to the next Axon supporting the anti-gravity feature. It's been a long time in development. :)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't spend too much time on leaks that are likely not correct.

I'm waiting for ZTE to give us some info on it. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to get some tidbits :smile:

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 396 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have to say, ZTE really deserves some props here in terms of how well they can hide their devices. It's really impressive :D

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jyee said:

@Aerospaceman said:

Since this has been moved to Rumor Mill, I'll speculate away... I'm looking forward to the next Axon supporting the anti-gravity feature. It's been a long time in development. :)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't spend too much time on leaks that are likely not correct.

Inside information. I love it :wink:

@jyee said:

@Aerospaceman said:

Perfectly put, thanks @jyee ... The best info yet..

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever the design may me, y'all better not remove the headphone jack.

I'm hoping they remain as one of the last holdouts to keep the headphone jack and they also include in the Axon9 a great DAC as well...🤞🏻

• kitcostantinokitcostantino SC, USPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2018 11:29AM
      I will go ahead and say here what I said on XDA... Zte listens to its customers. When I have spoken to anyone from ZTE, (not that it has happened that often) the couple of things i hammered in that I liked about the Axon 7 were the dual, front facing stereo apeakers, bootloader unlock availibility, developer support nourtured directly by ZTE, and the quality and tier of parts used (flagship quality SOC, screen, DAC).

As I am not alone in thinking anything less than dual front facing stereo speakers is a downgrade, I am sure you all, if given the chance or occasion to comment directly at any point, have said the same thing, so ZTE is aware and wouldnr detraxt from what the have done extrememly well with the a7.
    I would put money on the blue 'axon 9 leak' is not an axon flagship at all. Mind you, i like the blue, its about the same color I Duracoated my first Axon 7, but still, not ZTEs style for flagships. Definately their style on budget phones, though.
    I mean honestly, rumors entertain me while I wait, but I call FOS on the Axon 9 leak. (term we used on the ambulance for patients that had "pain" and needed drugs yet magically wanted off the truck when informed they wouldnt receive them)
    The Axon 9 is coming. Im fairly certain we wont see a leak until theres an eminent FCC filing, and/or we're supposed to, and when we do, it will be one of the more credible leakers. I mean imagine the web traffic this leak has generated. It literally pays to post things like that. look to evleaks and people like him that are credible sources of leaks.
    Totally excited for the Axon 9 in any case. Seriously wish I could test one. :) (please have band 71 support for Tmobile )
    I am also ecstatic to see ZTE fill the void left by the sale of Motorola from Google. I genuinely see ZTE as I saw Motorola before their sell-off; the one OEM smart enough to realize dev support and bootloader unlocksupport along with flagship spec components are what make a great device brand. Zte also, much like Moto of old, realized seperating the budget from the premium makes the brand have footing in all applicible areas, but without muddying the product line.
    Lenovo totally missed that lesson. (look at the newer, cheaper crappier Moto X's. Much like the company they bought for a namesake, they did not realize what made Moto great before its demise. It wasnt novelty (Mods-Ashton kutcher isnt who i look to for phone info, its droid-life and people who have no bias/compensation for what they are promoting, lapdock-great idea, hut EOL in less than a year). It was making hardware the enthusiasts would love and never shut up about. Sells phones like wildfire bc we are the people our friends/family/co-workers/etc ask that magical question...[What phone should I buy?]…Maybe I am wrong, but I am sure that 20-30 people a year adds up when uts literally hundreds of us in the same situation.
    Axon 7 is still the most amazing device I have ever owned. Zte has my support no matter what as they have supported the a 2017/a2017u farther than most OEMs would have dreamed of.

• EyePeaSeaEyePeaSea London, EnglandPosts: 39 ✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 said:
    I don't see a fingerprint sensor nor did the article even mention one.

Hi. An update to the article suggests that there may be a finger print sensor. I think it would be a big mistake to not include that. I'm not convinced by the facial recognition, even though I've read that it's more secure/accurate.

• marcwool1marcwool1 CanadaPosts: 117 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're have way through March and still no credible rumours or info about the Axon 9.
    The suggestion that it would come "early" in 2018 were clearly wrong.

I'm thinking that if it were coming this spring/early summer, than leaks and rumours would be arising by now.

I'm guessing thay it doesn't come out until the last quarter of 2018, which if correct, means I won't be ZTE customer.
    The excellent Axon 7 seems destined to be the only phone I ever bought from ZTE.

@marcwool1 said:
    We're have way through March and still no credible rumours or info about the Axon 9.

I'm thinking that if it were coming this spring/early summer, than leaks and rumours would be arising by now.

I'm guessing thay it doesn't come out until the last quarter of 2018, which if correct, means I won't be ZTE customer.
    The excellent Axon 7 seems destined to be the only phone I ever bought from ZTE.

I mean there wasn't a lot of rumors for the Axon 7 either right? Also just curious, but why would a late release change your mind about buying the phone? (Just curious)

@14blank40 said:

@marcwool1 said:

I mean there wasn't a lot of rumors for the Axon 7 either right? Also just curious, but why would a late release change your mind about buying the phone? (Just curious)

Nobody had heard of ZTE when the Axon 7 first appeared. It was after reviewers got their hands on it and started hailing it as one of the best that people began to recognize ZTE.
    2 years later, a new Axon would be as big of a deal as the next OnePlus phone.

I'm not waiting until almost 2019 for the new Axon 9, I'll be buying a new phone around May. If the Axon 9 is not out and readily available in stores by then, I'll be gone as a customer and not coming back. I buy phones on MY timeline.

edited March 15, 2018 12:52AM

@marcwool1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@marcwool1 said:

Nobody had heard of ZTE when the Axon 7 first appeared.

I'm sure many people had heard of ZTE way before the Axon7 was announced and appeared. You might not have been one of the people that knew of them but ZTE has been around since 2007 here in the US and has been a pretty well known brand to me, and everyone I know or am aquatinted with.

https://www.zteusa.com/about-us/

edited March 15, 2018 11:33AM

I had both the Nubia 5 and the Boost Max, those are the only ZTE devices I remember having except for a ZTE flip phone back in the day lol..

@marcwool1 said:

@14blank40 said:

@marcwool1 said:

Nobody had heard of ZTE when the Axon 7 first appeared. It was after reviewers got their hands on it and started hailing it as one of the best that people began to recognize ZTE.
    2 years later, a new Axon would be as big of a deal as the next OnePlus phone.

I'm not waiting until almost 2019 for the new Axon 9, I'll be buying a new phone around May. If the Axon 9 is not out and readily available in stores by then, I'll be gone as a customer and not coming back. I buy phones on MY timeline.

I mean, I'm sure people have hear of ZTE if not the Axon lineup. As for the one plus, there was very few leaks actually (asides from what one plus themselves reveals). We all know that ZTE has historically never really revealed much about the Axon phones, prior to their release so that kinda puts less attention on it as well.

As for timelines, hey I was just curious. If you have something you wanna do then go for it. I have no complaints with that whatsoever

Besides the release date of the Axon 9, their serious mishandling of their warranty in Canada sounds like it might becone a deal-breaker for me.

No phones, no parts for repair, and no exchange service, yet I still have about 14 months of warranty left.

If the Axon 9 is a no-go for me, Ill probably go with the OnePlus 6 which is due out in the timeframe I'm looking to buy in.

@marcwool1 said:
    Besides the release date of the Axon 9, their serious mishandling of their warranty in Canada sounds like it might becone a deal-breaker for me.

No phones, no parts for repair, and no exchange service, yet I still have about 14 months of warranty left.

If the Axon 9 is a no-go for me, Ill probably go with the OnePlus 6 which is due out in the timeframe I'm looking to buy in.

That's fair to be quiet honest. Also I'm sure you know this already but OnePlus has been caught collecting private info from it's consumers so be wary of that. I'm not arguing with you on this, the OnePlus phones are amazing, but just based off of that I'd suggest looking around for other options as well.

Who else besides ZTE and OnePlus offer top of the line, flagship specs, at midrange prices?

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    The render from the Reddit story isn't the Axon 9. The Axon 9 will most likely have a glass back or possibly aluminum and there wouldn't be any holes cut in the back of either of those materials.

where did you see that leak at?

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you guys think ZTE is missing the boat? I mean all other have showed or teased their phone, and no word from ZTE.

I'm confident they will provide a fantastic product for the price, but they are not building hype around the Axon9. So far only Axon7 user are waiting for the 9. And while I wait, OnePlus6 is teased and the ASUS phone is announced, with killer spec and decent price.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just want the Axon 9 to be the best device it can be both software and hardware wise. I don't want it released until it's ready. Don't rush it just to get another device in people's hands.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you @hollap but isee what @acatrus is saying also....... it would be nice for ZTE to at least tease something to keep its customers/fans even more interested......

ZTE has to ensure that their next product will grab everyone's attention and keep a stellar product.......so I don't mind them taking their time.... but I would love to have some type of a tease......

Tech enthusiast are like young kids..... something has to keep our attention or they move on to the next shiny new toy....lol