Notifications

skeetzskeetz United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2018 1:20AM in ZMAX

I'm not getting the message indicator anymore for texts and phone calls, it used to put a red # under the corresponding icons..If I had 2 new text messages it would put a red 2 down there...I have most notifications sounds off because they drive me crazy so I depend on the message indicator...How can I get that back working ?

My model is Z981

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@skeetz said:
    I'm not getting the message indicator anymore for texts and phone calls, it used to put a red # under the corresponding icons..If I had 2 new text messages it would put a red 2 down there...I have most notifications sounds off because they drive me crazy so I depend on the message indicator...How can I get that back working ?

My model is Z981

Did the Zmax Pro have an update @skeetz? Was the badge counter a standard feature or is it through an app? If it is a standard feature check in the settings to make sure it didn't change. Otherwise clear the cache in the internal storage.

• skeetzskeetz United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2018 10:47AM

Hi @jimlloyd49,

Yes it just had about 80 updates, when I went to Metro for help they installed all my updates for me, is how I know. As far as it being a standard feature or app, I'm not sure. I have cleared the data cache for messaging and phone per ZTE support email this morning, so now I'm just waiting to see if that helped. Thanks for replying.

@skeetz said:
    Hi @jimlloyd49,

Yes it just had about 80 updates, when I went to Metro for help they installed all my updates for me, is how I know. As far as it being a standard feature or app, I'm not sure. I have cleared the data cache for messaging and phone per ZTE support email this morning, so now I'm just waiting to see if that helped. Thanks for replying.

It sounds like you're talking about app updates not a system update but please let us know if it works again.

I think they did both...the guy at Metro installed all of them...and no it didn't work...oh well it was nice while it lasted.

@skeetz said:
    I think they did both...the guy at Metro installed all of them...and no it didn't work...oh well it was nice while it lasted.

@skeetz just install another launcher that has a badge counter option. All the top launchers have that feature. Nova and Action Launchers are the two most popular.

@jimlloyd40 Good idea...thanks for all your help...I'm heading over to the store now

@skeetz said:
    @jimlloyd40 Good idea...thanks for all your help...I'm heading over to the store now

@skeetz what was a good idea and why are you going to the store?

@jimlloyd40 to get the nova launcher which I installed but it's telling me I need
    to upgrade to Nova launcher Prime to use the notification badge feature...which is the
    only thing I wanted to use....guess I will look for something else now

@skeetz said:
    @jimlloyd40 to get the nova launcher which I installed but it's telling me I need
    to upgrade to Nova launcher Prime to use the notification badge feature...which is the
    only thing I wanted to use....guess I will look for something else now

@skeetz I found an app in the Play Store called "Notifyer Unread Count" that displays a number on the icon so that you know how many unread email, text etc that you have.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.cornwall_solutions.notifyer

@jimlloyd40 thank you that's exactly what I'm looking for appreciate it Jim