Welcome to our Beta Lab page. We currently aren't recruiting for any open beta's at this time. Please check back soon.


Check back often for recruiting surveys and screeners for new beta projects.

North America wide?

14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any chance that beta products and such will be available in Canada as well? I realize that with things like new OS, I can apply for them with no problem, but it seems that anything else is only USA focused (which makes sense as this is for zteusa, unfortunately there isn't a z-community in Canada).

Best Answer

  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,552 admin
    Accepted Answer

    @14blank40 This is something we hope to make happen in the future. Right now there is some red tape that gets in the way of making this happen.

Answers

  • 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:
    @14blank40 what version of phones do you buy in Canada? The US version or the global version? You could apply to be a beta tester when they are looking for testers which is announced in the beta section of the website.

    We usually get the US version (I mean I got the Axon 7 off of Newegg as ZTE Canada didn't sell the Axon 7). I just want to show an example of what I mean
    This tells me it doesn't matter where you buy the phone, but the location as to where you live. Nonetheless I was just curious to know if there's been like actual products (not just software itself), that's been beta tested and been available to people outside of the USA as well.

  • 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @jimlloyd40 said:

    @14blank40 said:

    @jimlloyd40 said:
    @14blank40 what version of phones do you buy in Canada? The US version or the global version? You could apply to be a beta tester when they are looking for testers which is announced in the beta section of the website.

    We usually get the US version (I mean I got the Axon 7 off of Newegg as ZTE Canada didn't sell the Axon 7). I just want to show an example of what I mean
    This tells me it doesn't matter where you buy the phone, but the location as to where you live. Nonetheless I was just curious to know if there's been like actual products (not just software itself), that's been beta tested and been available to people outside of the USA as well.

    I see what you mean. We could ask @sshasan or @Aerospaceman the answer.

    I just feel a bit left out I guess haha and hopefully they can at least tell me yes or no. Thanks for trying to help @jimlloyd40

  • 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @sshasan said:
    @14blank40 This is something we hope to make happen in the future. Right now there is some red tape that gets in the way of making this happen.

    I see, well thank-you for answering my question!

  • acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I too live in Canada. I applied for the Beta, but now I have the answer why I didn't get picked up. Too bad Canada is never included.

  • 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 399 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @acatrus said:
    I too live in Canada. I applied for the Beta, but now I have the answer why I didn't get picked up. Too bad Canada is never included.

    Well now that they've made this a forum for Non-US devices as well, maybe there's a chance

Sign In or Register to comment.