Data Usage

gottagogottago Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know the std t-mobile wearable plan gives unlimited 3g but I am wondering how much data do people actually use with this watch. So, how much data, on average, do you use with your watch?

Best Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

On the watch, you can check under Connectivity-->Cellular-->data usage. There is where you can find out how much data you are using like what you can see on the phone. it also would let you set a data limit as well.

Personally, I think most people probably would be okay with 500MB to 1GB a month on the watch. Since there are still some tasks that requires your phone, I don't think at the moment the watch will be using a lot of data. Also, I feel that it is just easier and faster for me to pull the phone out if I want to do anything that requires larger screen or more powerful hardware. I do like the fact the watch gives me notification and serves as a backup in the event I forgot/lost phone so I can make calls and still get data access for infomration.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,897 admin
    Accepted Answer

@gottago If you have access to your T-Mobile account online it should give you a readout on the amount of data that's used monthly.

• gottagogottago Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks guys for your replies. At the time of my question I didn't own a Quartz. That has since changed and I decided to go with an unlimited plan for the first month to get a feel for my data usage. So, again thanks for the replies.

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this really depends on people's usage. For me, I have the watch connected to my phone all the time (since I have my phone with me almost all the time). At home, I also have the watch connected to the wifi, so the watch really does not use much cellular data at all.

• gottagogottago Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response but I'm really looking for quantification. Is there a way to tell how much data has been used like there is with a phone? Replies from anyone that does not connect to a phone would also be appreciated.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Since my Quartz is connected to my phone and uses the phone's connection most of the time or Wifi I rarely use any data at all on the watch. You can check your data usage as @samsamha mentions and it shows I used a measly 3MB last month.

Of course, it all depends on your usage and coverage. In the same connectivity menu you can also set warnings for data usage much like on a phone and check what apps are using your data which is very useful.