Top Noise Canceling Mic is muffled on my Blade Zmax

KhyreeHolmesKhyreeHolmes United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

The top microphone on my device is really muffled and is it my unit or its just a hardware issue? the bottom microphone is fine, its only the top.... when I record audio with the Sound Recorder, the audio is unbalanced to the left channel (the device records in stereo) it really messes with the stereo image.

Anybody else having this problem? the rest of the phone is fine but since I love good quality audio and this concerns me!

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,959 admin

@KhyreeHolmes If you have a can of compressed air or an air compressor, try clearing out that mic. Sometimes dust or lint can build up in there and cause distortion. If you have a case on the device sometimes that can affect mics as well.

• KhyreeHolmesKhyreeHolmes United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018 4:58PM

@sshasan said:
    @KhyreeHolmes If you have a can of compressed air or an air compressor, try clearing out that mic. Sometimes dust or lint can build up in there and cause distortion. If you have a case on the device sometimes that can affect mics as well.

I did some analsis on the issue turns out the ZTE used 2 different Microphones for recording (1 main: for phone calls, 1 sec: noise cancelling)

The bottom Microphone has more Treble and the top Microphone is no Treble, I did the analysis in Audacity and the Waveforms has the same peak level (in stereo) @ 0db for both Mics, Whew! Problem solved for my sake!!