Reset z928

niphrokeniphroke United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

Bought 2x z928 from metro pcs and love it. 2 days later mine went dark no power no charging light no power and volume button reset. Exchanged it at metro corporate store in Florida. 2 days later my exchange did the same. Wife's phone is fine. Only difference in apps and settings was I set the fingerprint lock and she didn't. Now in NC with no metro corporate store nearby. Any suggestions on how to reset it because I really liked the phone.

Answers

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using the Blade Z Max?

When you connect the original charger, does the device respond or vibrate in any way?

What happens if you press the power button for about 60 seconds continuously?

• niphrokeniphroke United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

Yes it is the blade z max. No response to factory charger vibration or lights. Nothing happens when I hold the power button. Both occurrences happened when the battery showed over 70 %.

So no help with this? Since it happened to 2 different phones that came from 2 different places this can't be that uncommon and surely someone has developed a solution to it.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin

@niphroke

You can try these steps below.

Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button, until you see ZTE logo.

Once the ZTE logo appears, release the Power Button but keep holding down the Volume Up button to enter the Recovery Mode.

From the Android Recovery Mode menu select “reboot system now“.

Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to confirm.

• If rebooting does not work, you can factory reset but be aware that all of your information will be lost.

As previously stated it is unresponsive to holding power and volume up or down both. So two phones just mysteriously fried in two days each the same way with no way to fix it if that doesn't work?