I've read every post on axon7 rintones

Tried every possible folder on device & SD card, Every music folder using so many different naming trick to just get them to show at top of music list starting with 0, 01, 001, aa, 1aa, ~, #, +, NOTHING. using es file pro with "show hidden folders" checked.
Why the mystery! Must have 10 copies of all my saved, dwnld, Zedge tones in 1/2 dz folders

Answers

• CaldoCaldo New YorkPosts: 6 ✭✭

Tried every possible folder on device & SD card, Every music folder using so many different naming trick to just get them to show at top of music list starting with 0, 01, 001, aa, 1aa, ~, #, +, NOTHING. using es file pro with "show hidden folders" checked.
    Why the mystery! Must have 10 copies of all my saved, dwnld, Zedge tones in 1/2 dz folders. Still factory ringtones in hidden mystery folder & format & my named & renamed variations some show some don't among music files showing when changing main ring tone. I don't even care to customize individual contact tones. Must scroll thru 7k songs to find them mixed in!

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,916 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't put any music on my phone so the ringtones are easy to find because they are the only items in the music section. The only thing that I can suggest is to remove your music and set your ringtones and then put your music back. Of course if you want to change a ringtone it would still be difficult. I wish that I had something better to offer.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

if you just want to set a music file for the ringtone, you could try to open the file manager, then select the music file (you could just search it) then tap on the 3 dots, and there you would see set audio as. Here you can set it as ringtone or default notification sound.

I was trying to use downloaded ringtones fr various sources which have followed me from 3 Samsung fones thru three **** Motos over 7 years with no problem and simple open, unfettered access to a folder each for "Ringtones" "Notifications" always stored inboard on device, not on an SD card as there was none.
    The idea of not putting music on a the very fone I bought most of all for its built in sound quality when I don't want to stream to a big speaker and to listen to audio books & downloaded meditations etc is ridiculous.
    I'm the last person who would be caught dead with my fone suddenly playing music in my pocket like some juvenile numbnuts but I happen to like a cpl of ringtones & alarm sounds that suit my hearing range at distance and not annoy the hell out of me.
    I can't believe this mystery on a fone that blows away in apparently every other respect every Galaxy, Nexus & definitely garbage Motorola I've owned. Hell I even tried both One Plus 5s and had no trouble with ringtones until I figured out their cameras sucked and moved on to this for its OIS - Literally that & the sound & RAM. My main reasons.

Anyone from ZTE? I'm not the only person finding this frustrating

Thanks for the answers guys - I appreciate the extra work around ideas but man I hate when simple things are made difficult for no explainable reason

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,916 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Caldo said:
    I was trying to use downloaded ringtones fr various sources which have followed me from 3 Samsung fones thru three **** Motos over 7 years with no problem and simple open, unfettered access to a folder each for "Ringtones" "Notifications" always stored inboard on device, not on an SD card as there was none.
    The idea of not putting music on a the very fone I bought most of all for its built in sound quality when I don't want to stream to a big speaker and to listen to audio books & downloaded meditations etc is ridiculous.
    I'm the last person who would be caught dead with my fone suddenly playing music in my pocket like some juvenile numbnuts but I happen to like a cpl of ringtones & alarm sounds that suit my hearing range at distance and not annoy the hell out of me.
    I can't believe this mystery on a fone that blows away in apparently every other respect every Galaxy, Nexus & definitely garbage Motorola I've owned. Hell I even tried both One Plus 5s and had no trouble with ringtones until I figured out their cameras sucked and moved on to this for its OIS - Literally that & the sound & RAM. My main reasons.

Anyone from ZTE? I'm not the only person finding this frustrating

Thanks for the answers guys - I appreciate the extra work around ideas but man I hate when simple things are made difficult for no explainable reason

Sorry @Caldo but the way that @samsamha and I said is how everyone is accomplishing it. I do definitely agree that something so simple on other phones shouldn't be so difficult. By the way when we get the Oreo update with near stock Android I anticipate that the process will be like other phones then.

I appreciate the help I hope my angst didn't imply otherwise - I just find with every helpful step in cellphone technology we have something not broken "fixed" or arbitrarily shuffled around. You should hear me when they move departments around the grocery store.
    I'll never go back to Galaxy precisely because of that albatross that is that useless, stupid break resistance weakening curved "edge glass" this entire obsession with no bezels makes me nuts
    Thanks