ZTE Blade Z Max (z982) System Software Update!

Swagz17Swagz17 MrUnited StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 26, 2018 10:53AM in Blade Z MAX

Hello I'm just curious I woke up this morning with a System Update on my ZTE Blade Z Max powered by MetroPCS aka T-Mobile service was wandering if you know what this February 5th Security Patch was for?

Comments

• Swagz17Swagz17 Mr United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭✭

Announcement? Do you mean to let others know the features of this new update?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,590 admin

Yes

I want to have an easy way of finding this thread if created new one if not would you put it here?

@sshasan said:
    Yes

Thanks!

• coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 62 ✭✭✭✭✭

mam i was afraid the second coming of jesus would come before an update ever came to the phone man that was like pulling a ship through ice

• coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 62 ✭✭✭✭✭

man i meant

@coolbud86 said:
    man i meant

Same here. I'll be glad to find out what it's for too it was a big update tho.

I'd also be glad if it got Oreo update as well.

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    We’ll make an announcement hopefully later today outlining the update.

Any news?

• BerrumBerrum MoPosts: 1 ✭✭

I took the leap and installed it. Was just a security patch soz guys

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So far so good. RAM management is much better with a small sample size.

Mine is unlocked

• FudgeracksFudgeracks United StatesPosts: 0

About time!!!!!

• cjbrown_lvcjbrown_lv Las VegasPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Phone works great post Update !

Now I need to check in with the Google Chrome Browser Forum (anyone else having issues with that mobile app, too? I have since last month's update) :o

• I haven't received my software update yet for my ZTE ZMAX BLADE z982 when will I receive it

@cjbrown_lv said:
    My Phone works great post Update !

Now I need to check in with the Google Chrome Browser Forum (anyone else having issues with that mobile app, too? I have since last month's update) :o

Nah mine works with no issue

• 40mone40mone United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I still haven't seen the update yet 🤔

• perrisperris United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

Is this upgrade reversible with a factory reset?

• creativetrendscreativetrends United StatesPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perris said:

No.

• perrisperris United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@creativetrends said:

@perris said:

No.

Thanks for the info, can't risk the update.

I imagine this update doesn't fix otg, am I correct?

• creativetrendscreativetrends United StatesPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perris said:

@creativetrends said:

@perris said:

No.

Thanks for the info, can't risk the update.

I imagine this update doesn't fix otg, am I correct?

I don't use OTG. So I'm not sure. I know this update broke the default messaging app. And battery life and RAM management, on my device, is even worse than before.

• ViperViper txPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

We need update to 8.0

• djc544000djc544000 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    We’ll make an announcement hopefully later today outlining the update.

I have the ZTE Blade Z Max Pro from Metro PCS and switched carriers over to Criket Wireless. Best move ever and highly recommend everyone to do it. It's $60 a month unlimited with 8GB of hotspot. Now here's the best part! Since it's made by Metro and switched to Criket for some reason my Hotspot data never gets monitored. I'm a single dad with two girls and I use my hotspot 24/7. With Metro PCS we would go through 8GB in a couple days. With Criket I used almost 200GB of data with hotspot always on but my account says I've used 0GB of hotspot! I love Criket! Plus their 4G in San Diego is way faster and consistent compared to Metro PCS.
    With that said does anyone know if the update will affect the hotspot meter in anyway?

• Ock1Ock1 United StatesPosts: 39 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why but my Metro Blade Z lost the ability to hotspot on Cricket a few months ago.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ock1 said:
    Not sure why but my Metro Blade Z lost the ability to hotspot on Cricket a few months ago.

Cricket supposedly took away the option to use hotspot on any not Cricket phone. Not sure how the user above got it to work. Here is a snippet from Crickets support page:

• Ock1Ock1 United StatesPosts: 39 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@Ock1 said:

Cricket supposedly took away the option to use hotspot on any not Cricket phone. Not sure how the user above got it to work. Here is a snippet from Crickets support page:

My unlocked V8 Pros, Metro ZPro, Metro Blade Z, Metro Samsung J7 and unlocked LG-G6 have all been used to hotspot on the Cricket $40.00 plan during the last year. The only one that still has the ability is the LG-G6. For some reason, lots of other people are still able to Hotspot on Cricket with their ZTE phones. Not sure what's changed in the last 3 months to kill all my ZTE phones Cricket Hotspot ability.