ZTE MF279 sold as a Whole Home Phone and Internet (WHPI) by ATT

yen2kenyen2ken Roanoke VAPosts: 1

Can someone point to cell antenna specs, both physical and electronic, for add on high gain antenna? A source for a potential purchase would be appreciated. Also, what does it mean to "match the impedance" of antenna to receiver / transmitter when attempting to boost signal ? THanks

Comments

• westside80westside80 United StatesPosts: 6,513 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@vhensler may be able to help. There was also a guy that went by wkellen that could probably point you in the right direction if he's still in the community.

• ozarkretireeozarkretiree 64801Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm also looking for an answer to this question. I can't find out what the connector (2) type is on the back of the ZTE unit. Any help with that would be appreciated as well.

• Quickvic30Quickvic30 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@ozarkretiree said:
    I'm also looking for an answer to this question. I can't find out what the connector (2) type is on the back of the ZTE unit. Any help with that would be appreciated as well.

The antenna attachments on back of the MF279 are SMA female so you will need an antenna with a SMA male screw on type leads coming from the antenna. I have messed around with a few small antennas for it and they really havent done much for reception. i tried to match up the band 12 700mhz antenna specs (cause thats what band its on while sitting at in its spot at home) but havent had much luck. ive tried two padle antennas but im unsure of the specs on those, seems like 1 paddle gains a couple DB but then if you install ther seconnd paddle antenna it seems to make the signal worse. i have also tried a magnetic mount wilson style antenna for above specs and that seems to gain 5 db at THE most and that really depends on location of the antenna. i have a signal booster on the way so we'll see how that goes. Any input on matching impedance and that jazz would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Quickvic30

• ndfarndfar United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

There is not much help/info with the MF279 on getting antennas. Hope somebody figures this out!