February Security Patch Hits Blade V8 Pro

Comments

• d4bn3yd4bn3y United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

@westside80 said:
    It's a sad day in the Z-community when your posts get gang flagged. 6 flags on two different posts? Hmm..... One post was me trying to help someone and telling them to calm down. If people took it the wrong way then that's on them. The other post was me giving my opinion on something that I thought was ridiculous in the first place. Each post got 6 flags. Why 6? Makes you wonder who the gang is. Neither post deserved to get flagged. It does kind of make you feel ganged up on when so many people flag the same post. Almost like one person flagged it and then told others to flag it as well. Or, one person saw it was flagged and thought "1 flag isn't good enough for that post, it needs 6." Speak freely? To an extent.

Maybe it's because you're constantly posting irrelevant, ****. Including this post. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• westside80westside80 United StatesPosts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2018 7:06PM

@d4bn3y said:

@westside80 said:
    It's a sad day in the Z-community when your posts get gang flagged. 6 flags on two different posts? Hmm..... One post was me trying to help someone and telling them to calm down. If people took it the wrong way then that's on them. The other post was me giving my opinion on something that I thought was ridiculous in the first place. Each post got 6 flags. Why 6? Makes you wonder who the gang is. Neither post deserved to get flagged. It does kind of make you feel ganged up on when so many people flag the same post. Almost like one person flagged it and then told others to flag it as well. Or, one person saw it was flagged and thought "1 flag isn't good enough for that post, it needs 6." Speak freely? To an extent.

Maybe it's because you're constantly posting irrelevant, ****. Including this post. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Huh. You may be right but since you're new I don't see how you could be so sure. You seem to be pretty sure though, so I guess I'll take your word for it. At least I know why I was ganged up on now. Thanks bub!

• adrianmicj1adrianmicj1 Guayaquil EcuadorPosts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:
    i am having battery drainage too, maybe a FR could work.

@adrianmicj1 that's always a good idea after a system update along with wiping the cache partition in recovery.

Yup, you're right

Did you do a factory reset @adrianmicj1 and did it help?

i will perform it today and see if there is an improvement.

Ok, after factory reset battery life increased significantly for a while and phone was working very well, no RAM issues, no battery drainage...

After a few hours ram issues began again and battery started to drain a little bit faster but it really increased after Factory Reset, i am thinking it is necessary to perform a Factory Reset at least in this case...

Hope ZTE is working on a update for this phone.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,923 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@adrianmicj1 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@adrianmicj1 that's always a good idea after a system update along with wiping the cache partition in recovery.

Yup, you're right

Ok, after factory reset battery life increased significantly for a while and phone was working very well, no RAM issues, no battery drainage...

After a few hours ram issues began again and battery started to drain a little bit faster but it really increased after Factory Reset, i am thinking it is necessary to perform a Factory Reset at least in this case...

They are definitely working on a fix @adrianmicj1.

• tjhall1000tjhall1000 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

i have too much sensitive info and too many authenticators on my phone for me to want to factory reset.

please just fix this battery issue WITHOUT me having to wipe the phone v__v this is killing me. i feel like the fast drain and me charging it all the time is going to permanently damage the battery. i never let it hit 100% even before this drainage issue. but now that i have to charge it daily thanks to this update instead of once a week like before the update. its hard to control

• tthompson1615tthompson1615 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Having paid my dues as an Android developer, I do understand the complexities of writing code for Android devices. However, these are your own devices, this very critical issue has persisted for more than a week, and I no longer find it amusing. If your R&D team still has no clue, make me an offer....

• adrianmicj1adrianmicj1 Guayaquil EcuadorPosts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

Yup, you're right

Surely

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

Yup, you're right

Surely

Yes they are and please don't call me Shirley. 😂

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@adrianmicj1 said:

Yup, you're right

Surely

Yes they are and please don't call me Shirley. 😂

Airplane!

• BoyHitsCarBoyHitsCar United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭

@tthompson1615 said:
    Having paid my dues as an Android developer, I do understand the complexities of writing code for Android devices. However, these are your own devices, this very critical issue has persisted for more than a week, and I no longer find it amusing. If your R&D team still has no clue, make me an offer....

I wonder if the devices with SIM errors have the Developer mode turned on. I did and have the SIM error.

@BoyHitsCar said:

@tthompson1615 said:

I wonder if the devices with SIM errors have the Developer mode turned on. I did and have the SIM error.

Do you still have the the SIM card error after turning off developer mode @BoyHitsCar?

• BoyHitsCarBoyHitsCar United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 4:05PM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@BoyHitsCar said:

@tthompson1615 said:

Do you still have the the SIM card error after turning off developer mode @BoyHitsCar?

Yes, still have the error. I did a factory reset after the update caused the SIM card error. Seems like FR turns off developer mode. My curiosity was more about whether developer mode being on during the update was the root cause.

@BoyHitsCar said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@BoyHitsCar said:

@tthompson1615 said:

Yes, still have the error. I did a factory reset after the update caused the SIM card error. Seems like FR turns off developer mode. My curiosity was more about whether developer mode being on during the update was the root cause.

No that had nothing to do with it. It was just a bad update.

• intheusaintheusa United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018 4:44PM

Developer mode was allows there, just hidden. Now turning the options on is a switch (bit). A factory reset will hide it again and put all developer options to original state. I'm guessing its a memory problem, and some area of memory failing (not able to flash correctly). Not talking about dynamic memory. Some phones have better memory, others didn't. Sometimes this can be solved by repeating the flash write two or three times during flashing process.

If your phone has no service, about the only way I see to fix it is through USB connection, or sending it in for factory service.

I have my developer option unhidden, but not turned on. Just wanted to see what options I had there!
    Now I don't have the problem because this last update couldn't complete because WiFi was turned off.

On another note got my 2nd ZTE V8, and my "voice typing" works fine on text messaging drafts, but to date I have not put carrier SIM card in it. It you look on this topic I was having a problem on my other V8 pro (on tmobile).

One of the reasons I bought this phone, because I was happy with my ZTE ZMAX 2 go phone, which I used on Cricket. Great Great battery life and big bang for my buck ($80)

@intheusa said:
    Developer mode was allows there, just hidden. Now turning the options on is a switch (bit). A factory reset will hide it again and put all developer options to original state. I'm guessing its a memory problem, and some area of memory failing (not able to flash correctly). Not talking about dynamic memory. Some phones have better memory, others didn't. Sometimes this can be solved by repeating the flash write two or three times during flashing process.

If your phone has no service, about the only way I see to fix it is through USB connection, or sending it in for factory service.

I have my developer option unhidden, but not turned on. Just wanted to see what options I had there!
    Now I don't have the problem because this last update couldn't complete because WiFi was turned off.

On another note got my 2nd ZTE V8, and my "voice typing" works fine on text messaging drafts, but to date have not put carrier SIM card in it. It you look on this topic I was having problem on my other V8 pro (on tmobile).

One of the reasons I bought this phone, because I was happy with my ZTE MAX 2 go phone, which I used on Cricket. Great Great battery life and big bang for my buck ($80)

You guys do realize that @sshasan has said that ZTE is working on a fix and new update don't you?

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭

This might be a separate issue, but I've had another issue crop up. When I reboot my phone, everytime I get a dialog box that says optimizing apps 1of 1 and takes 10 mins for my phone to boot up. Is anyone else having this issue? Also digging around my apps while trying to find the culprit that's causing this, I ran across an app called system update. I found this app having been installed on my phone though the play store. If you look through the app list through the the settings it doesn't show up. Anyone have any idea what this is?

• yjeep93yjeep93 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@sshasan - there are two blade V8 pro users in my house. Just wanted to confirm that we have the following issues on both phones:

-poor battery performance (I'd say it drains about 2x faster than before the update)
    -poor wifi performance (wifi on and connected to network..but websites say I'm not connected to internet. No other devices on my network have this issue. Toggling WiFi on and off fixes the issue for about 2 minutes, then it goes offline again)

These are the two primary issues, I do believe I'm having GPS issues also, Google maps is not performing the same as before.

• Ock1Ock1 United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭

Any chance the Feb. update enabled apps I had disabled??? I could have sworn I disabled all the apps I don't use when I put the V8 in service but just found them all enabled again. Gonna do another battery life comparison to my non-updated V8 and see if it even makes a difference.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@yjeep93 said:
    @sshasan - there are two blade V8 pro users in my house. Just wanted to confirm that we have the following issues on both phones:

-poor battery performance (I'd say it drains about 2x faster than before the update)
    -poor wifi performance (wifi on and connected to network..but websites say I'm not connected to internet. No other devices on my network have this issue. Toggling WiFi on and off fixes the issue for about 2 minutes, then it goes offline again)

These are the two primary issues, I do believe I'm having GPS issues also, Google maps is not performing the same as before.

I can confirm one of my users is experiencing the same thing as this. Poor battery life, and the same exact wifi issue as you explain above. Both of my users were also unable to connect to a public hotspot that they normally have no issues with.

ZTE we need you to step up on this.

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,409 admin

I just received confirmation that the root cause of the issue has been narrowed down and we should see an update within the next few days.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,898 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan said:
    I just received confirmation that the root cause of the issue has been narrowed down and we should see an update within the next few days.

Thanks for the update @sshasan

• Ock1Ock1 United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭

I'm afraid to update the update!!:):)

@Ock1 said:
    I'm afraid to update the update!!:):)

@Ock1 if you didn't do the update that caused the damage then don't update until you read about other people updating. If you did do the first update then you've got nothing to lose.

edited April 16, 2018 4:44PM

@digiduck_2582 said:
    This might be a separate issue, but I've had another issue crop up. When I reboot my phone, everytime I get a dialog box that says optimizing apps 1of 1 and takes 10 mins for my phone to boot up. Is anyone else having this issue? Also digging around my apps while trying to find the culprit that's causing this, I ran across an app called system update. I found this app having been installed on my phone though the play store. If you look through the app list through the the settings it doesn't show up. Anyone have any idea what this is?

In reference to my earlier post, I performed a factory reset because I have my phone set to reboot every night at midnight. When that scheduled task happened my phone got stuck in a bootloop when trying to optimize app thing popped up. The factory reset fixed the issue. But I'm still puzzled as to what the system update app is that's showing up in my play store installed apps list, but not in my phone apps list. @sshasan do you have any input from ZTE on the app?

@digiduck_2582 said:

@digiduck_2582 said:

In reference to my earlier post, I performed a factory reset because I have my phone set to reboot every night at midnight. When that scheduled task happened my phone got stuck in a bootloop when trying to optimize app thing popped up. The factory reset fixed the issue. But I'm still puzzled as to what the system update app is that's showing up in my play store installed apps list, but not in my phone apps list. @sshasan do you have any input from ZTE on the app?

This has already been discussed several times. There's a search bar at the top right of the home page of Z-community. If you'll use it you'll find the info you need.

• intheusaintheusa United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭

Just for common info. ZTE and USA are not on the best of terms right now. Hope that ZTE follows through with software changes.

• aofjax2002aofjax2002 TexasPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

@intheusa said:
    Just for common info. ZTE and USA are not on the best of terms right now. Hope that ZTE follows through with software changes.

Though there is now a good chance after recent news that future ZTE and possibly even Huawei products, including the Axon 9 might not make it to the US anymore, this software "fix" will be pushed through. Afterwards though, any future security updates will be up in the air.

@aofjax2002 said:

@intheusa said:

Though there is now a good chance after recent news that future ZTE and possibly even Huawei products, including the Axon 9 might not make it to the US anymore, this software "fix" will be pushed through. Afterwards though, any future security updates will be up in the air.

@aofjax2002 Huawei phones are not banned in the US and can still be purchased from various sellers.

• d4bn3yd4bn3y United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

It's been exactly two weeks as of today. Still no fix. I need my phone !! Get with it ZTE !

@d4bn3y said:
    It's been exactly two weeks as of today. Still no fix. I need my phone !! Get with it ZTE !

@sshasan any word yet on a time table for this fix. I've been through this forum forward and backwards as suggested for the optimization issue I'm having. I haven't found anything.