Issue with turning on phone (Optimizing app 1 of 1)

Bruno020717Bruno020717 USAPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have been having this issue the past two days when I turn my phone on. It is not taking up to 10 minutes for the phone to boot up to the main screen. It says Android is starting and then under that Optimizing app 1 of 1. Has anyone else had this issue. Thanks.

Comments

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Bruno020717 I believe in this thread: https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/52989/february-security-patch-hits-blade-v8-pro#latest A user mentions they bypassed this issue by switching what launcher they were using. It's worth a shot anyway. I use the Nova Launcher available in the Play Store, but there are certainly many others that are just as good you could try.

• Bruno020717Bruno020717 USAPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭

The weird thing is that this just happened yesterday when I turned on the phone. My phone did the update on 4/5. I did clean out the cache last night to see if that would work and it happened again. I will try the cache partition in recovery and see if that works.

Some apps updated the day before I was thinking that too. Maybe one of them is acting up when the phone boots up. Could that be. @jimlloyd40

Have you tried a new launcher?

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 26 ✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:
    Have you tried a new launcher?

I tried switching launchers to the aforementioned nova launcher. I like the layout and interface. However it did not fix the issue. I am in agreement with @jimlloyd40 it has to be an app that's started it.

Good luck @digiduck_2582 never easy finding an app that has issues. If you find the app, please report back here what it is. Hopefully it's not a system app. That @jimlloyd40 guy is everywhere :)

• wings4anniewings4annie Orange,caPosts: 1,214 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018 6:16PM

@Bruno020717 oh my. I don't have the blade v8 pro. I had a zmax pro which I gave to my driver. And he is having that same problem.
    So I took the phone from him and I have been trouble shooting this issue.
    Ok on power down.. when restart says optimizing 1 of 1. I am so impatience.
    So I do a factory reset.
    Hold power and volume up key at same time.
    Ok so I re set up phone.
    Think oh ya I did... I'm so good!!!
    Only to have my driver bring phone back to me. Yes it happen again.
    So factory reset again. Set phone up again.
    Only this time I play with phone, I really put phone to the test.

And yes it did it again.
    But I noticed the internet slowed way down. So I think I can restart device and it will be fine.
    NOT!!!
    Factory reset
    I'm thinking sim card is going out.
    I have metro on this device

I also tried to buy my driver a new phone and he wants his zmax pro back.
    So in my case it is not updates, app installed. That's why I'm leaning towards the sim, it's been there for almost 2 years

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wings4annie said:
    @Bruno020717 oh my. I don't have the blade v8 pro. I had a zmax pro which I gave to my driver. And he is having that same problem.
    So I do a factory reset.
    Ok so I re set up phone.

And yes it did it again.
    But I noticed the internet slowed way down. So I think I can restart device and it will be fine.
    NOT!!!
    Factory reset

So in my case it is not updates, app installed. That's why I'm leaning towards the sim, it's been there for almost 2 years

@wings4annie after your multiple resets did you set the phone back up again from a backup? If you did do a factory reset again and set it up as a new device. Then load your apps back one at a time making sure each app works properly and doesn't reset the problem.

My last factory reset, I did it from new device.
    Also this driver doesn't update apps or work with launcher.
    That's why I think it's sim problem

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wings4annie said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@wings4annie said:
    So I do a factory reset.
    Ok so I re set up phone.

And yes it did it again.
    NOT!!!
    Factory reset

@wings4annie after your multiple resets did you set the phone back up again from a backup? If you did do a factory reset again and set it up as a new device. Then load your apps back one at a time making sure each app works properly and doesn't reset the problem.

My last factory reset, I did it from new device.
    Also this driver doesn't update apps or work with launcher.
    That's why I think it's sim problem

Then are you going to get a replacement SIM card @wings4annie? If you do please let us know if it works.

Ya I'm running the phone now. It's been going for 3hrs good.
    But I have an extra sim, that's my next test.
    Thanks @jimlloyd40 nice talking to you!! :)

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 26 ✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 @wings4annie I don't believe it's a simple issue. I had to get a new sim card when I bought my phone. My sim is brand new and I'm still having issues with the optimizing apps. But now it's doing 2 apps now instead of just the one and takes close to 20 mins to completely boot up. Anyone know how to kick this phone into safe mode? @jimlloyd40 @sshasan

Thank you @digiduck_2582. So far since my last FDR it's been ok. Am using bare bone apps.
    It has to be something from within the last week, that is when this phone started (zmax pro)
    This time after the fdr I didn't update the Google apps. So we will see.

• SanderVallSanderVall EstoniaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Zedge app also causes this 10 minute optimizing every bootup. Uninstall it if you have it :)

For me right now I just leave the phone on. As I stated above it started 3 days ago. I purchased the phone back in March of 2017 and it has been running fine since April 18th of this year. I may delete some of the apps and see if that is the issue or wait for the update that everyone is talking about. If I have to keep it on I will. I just wanted to report this issue to see if anyone else was going thru the same problem. Once the phone is on I have no issues with the network. I am using Net10. If its a sim card issue don't you think it would be acting up when I am connected to the network. Thanks.

@SanderVall said:
    Zedge app also causes this 10 minute optimizing every bootup. Uninstall it if you have it :)

I use Zedge on the Axon 7 and the Blade Z Max and don't have an issue. My 2 Blade V8 Pro users however do not use Zedge, so not a fair comparison :)

@sandervall it worked I uninstalled Zedge and restarted the phone and it booted up no problem. I also noticed Zedge did a update on Tuesday. Thanks. You learn something new everyday.

• PrincessradsiePrincessradsie United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

It totally worked. I've been having these problems since April (It just started being an inconvenience, hush lol) and I just uninstalled Zedge and my phone is running faster and boots up no problem. Sucks, because I like Zedge, but not worth keeping it lol

• MarianoMariano ArgentinaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

The problem is the app preinstalled "Android systemwebview". Just uninstall the update and disable the app. Restart tour phone and that's it. It worked for me.

• awilson25metropcsawilson25metropcs florida, usaPosts: 4 ✭✭

"Android systemwebview" did not work for me. It takes about 5 minutes to boot. if i figure it out i will post what i find

this worked

Wiping out cache partition is also one of the ways to get rid of android error. For that, you have to follow the below steps:

Press and hold volume button with power button both at same time
    When the device vibrates the release the button
    After that go to recovery mode and there press power button to confirm booting into recovery
    When you are in recovery mode, use the volume button to go to Wipe cache partition and the confirm it by pressing power button
    When the wiping is over, select reboot and confirm.
    However, this process depends on the number of apps you have installed on your Smartphone. Therefore, it may take time but after that, it will work to optimize all apps again.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mariano thanks for that info, worked great on my ZMax Pro.

well it worked once... now problem returned. I think it is one of the apps i recently installed. will let you know what i find.

• PuzzledPuzzled CanadaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

Any luck yet? I'm having trouble with it, as well.