Why will my X Max not update to the February security Patch?

freetoride78freetoride78 United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

I have the Blade X Max. I got frustrated with issues so I bought a different phone but I like the Blade. I factory reset it to no avail. Contacted cricket and they insist that ZTE pushes the update out and then chalked it up to a defective phone. I put my sim back in the blade for the last 2 days and still says software is current. Anything I can do to get this update?

Best Answer

Answers

• freetoride78freetoride78 United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

Yes you are right....and I tried to get that one as well and cricket told me it was ZTE that needed to push the update. I sold cell phones for a couple years and know it's the carrier that pushes the update. Their response was it needs to be sent in for warranty from cricket. So now they have noted my account and that's all they will say now is send it in to ZTE.

• freetoride78freetoride78 United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

@samsamha I'm sorry but no I am not running that firmware yet either. It would not update to it.

• DianDian United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

I have the ZTE blade zMAX here it is July and I still don't have the update to the newest Android system I'm running on 7.1.1 could you please let me know when the new update is coming out the carrier I am with is MetroPCS