My ZTE max z982 unable to 4g lte anymore since upgrade

mastergardenmastergarden United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

My ZTE max z982 unable to 4g lte anymore since update software. Not it keeps only 2g only.
Its unlocked.
The apn setting is correct according to my provider
Please help
Can i undo the update?
Will factory rest help solve
Or is there another update to solve this problem

Comments

• mastergardenmastergarden United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

It create problem too in my existing apps n games. Some of them misbehaving or worse hang frozen during midway. 😭

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would first try a network settings reset. If that doesn't help. Clear the cache partition. And lastly, a factory reset. If you aren't comfortable with either of the first two...just jump to the factory reset option.

I tries the network reset several times. Doesnt work. How do i clear cache partition? Ahd how do i factory reset? I read it at the community that factory reset doesnt revert to the original android version.
    So regret upgrading the android as suggested. Should just leave it alon as its working perfect originally

clear cache partition:

Hold down volume up and power button until phone vibrates and resets, release the power button but continue hold down volume up until the system menu comes up. Use volume down to move down to option to clear cache partition, use power button to select it, after done, choose option to reboot the device

Factory reset would be in the system menu. You can search for it in settings. I don't have your particular phone so don't want to give you the wrong place to look for that option.

Yes i googled it up. Cleared the partition cache and its still 2G. It wont go 4G lte.

I would hate to factory reset as i hv to reinstall everyhting and setting etc.

My phone is ZTE Z982. Tye Blade Z Max if in not mistaken fron metropcs unlocked

This is screenshot of my phone

For my Axon 7, it's under advanced settings, backup and reset. If you factory reset, try not to restore from a backup to make sure it's not a corrupted setting. It will take some time to get everything set up back the way you like it, but it's worth it since the phone isn't working right anyway. If that doesn't do the trick you would need to do a warranty replacement through MetroPCS and you would have to do this anyway since it will be a new device.

When i reset to factory setting. Will it revert to originl android version. Before that android update?

@mastergarden said:
    When i reset to factory setting. Will it revert to originl android version. Before that android update?

No, it should restore it to a clean build, but with the latest version of the software you got through the update, but it could have been something with the update process that something got flubbed. So a clean reset even with the latest version is needed to check if it was really the update, or something during the migration of the config during the update.

So how do i do the clean reset? Because this happened right exactly after the update. As i mentioned, Things are running wrong, some apps misbehaving, and worse now only 2G!

I hv factory reset my zte z982 as instructed and now setting up like new.phone but its still.persistent only 2g. My simcard is fine. Im using indosate oredoo in indonesia. Ive visited the center here and they tested my simcard on their.phone and its working fine 4g lte just like my zte did before the update software

Can you plesse help me reset the phone really to its original factory setting
    Cuz it seems that the factory reset that i do at the boot screen does not reset the android before the update/upgrade

@mastergarden said:
    I hv factory reset my zte z982 as instructed and now setting up like new.phone but its still.persistent only 2g. My simcard is fine. Im using indosate oredoo in indonesia. Ive visited the center here and they tested my simcard on their.phone and its working fine 4g lte just like my zte did before the update software

Can you plesse help me reset the phone really to its original factory setting
    Cuz it seems that the factory reset that i do at the boot screen does not reset the android before the update/upgrade

You could have a radio hardware issue. If you are under warranty, I would contact support. You reset the phone from the boot screen? (same place you wiped the cache partition)? You should do it from inside the system menu once the phone it booted. Have been reports of doing it the way you did could cause Google acocunt issues.

This is a MetroPCS phone....how did you obtain the device to use it in Indonesia?

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, I double check the information. Your carrier's LTE uses band 3 and 8 which the Blade Z Max does not support. According to this site ,Blade Z max can only run at 2G speed.

I reset the same.place as clean the cache partition.

I am a metropcs customer. Just i am currently working in indonesia since march.
    When i unlocked the phone since march, its working perfectly fine in indonesia.
    Using indosat or telkomsel or xl. The providers in here no problem
    Its 4G LTE fine. So dont think its band problem
    Just right after the cursed update then it causing these problems.

Since factory reset wtill carry over the update effect.
    How can i reset to truly a true original reset without the update

Or else, can you provide update to resolve this problem

I cant cliam warranty since im.not in the US currently

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, if the band is not officially supported, then it is no guarantee that you are able to use it with carriers that lacks such bands. There is no way to downgrade a firmware on the phone as far as I know

Dear sam, it is not the band. As i mentioned that eversince march i unlocked and using till before updating, everything works fine. Its 4G LTE and all my programs running fine for more than a month smoothly.
    Right after updating, then problems come up so many.
    If it is the band, then after unlocked then i wont be able to use the 4G lte at all

Please give me solution that will solve this problem

• Bnsindane_123Bnsindane_123 South AfricaPosts: 3 ✭✭

Hi please let me know if you come right as I have same problem. Got my phone yesterday, unlocked it but only showing 2g and phone came already updated. Thanks

It's a carrier device and MetroPCS could have requested those bands blocked/disabled. Need to be careful about using a carrier device on a different carrier. Factory unlocked with correct band support is the safer way to go. ZTE is shutting down it looks like. So don't expect a new software build anytime soon.

I dont know how many times do i have to repeat myself. Why you keep giving excuse that its "bands not supported"

My phone was unlocked since early march and use my localcarrier no problem! 4G lte and all.
    Its right after k was offered with update notification and press yes and go through w update. Then problem start!

So it is.not because unssupported bands. Its defective update.

Please stop maneuvering the real source of problem

So I guess this marks the end of my troubleshooting. With no real solution ☹️☹️☹️

• damooodamooo Mr NigeriaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭
    but i hate this , why is it so difficult for ZTE to release the original firmware for down load and lets solve all the problem associated with this device once and for all???......mine during the task of fixing this issue i changed the radio band to US which is the only option via Hidden settings app. now the phone is as good as useless and have search thru all the sites and i couldn't get any download links to both the official firmware and the cursed update download that sort of phone will not have its Firmware to fix issues download links .....its apple and samsung we known to be premium phones yet there firmware is always released along with the phone for download.....i believe its  links will be available and i want it as reply to this comment .....thanks