Zte ban

angelpangelp United StatesPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an idea about what zte can do, what if they contract another company to build the device so they can use us parts (qualcomm), and they could use the zte logo or add a different company name on the back of the devices

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@angelp said:
    I have an idea about what zte can do, what if they contract another company to build the device so they can use us parts (qualcomm), and they could use the zte logo or add a different company name on the back of the devices

They can't do that. The verbiage in the ban explicitly states they cannot source parts through another company, regardless of where the device is made. And they already contract other companies to build their phones. FoxConn built the Axon 7 for them.

• Gideon_82Gideon_82 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I have currently have the ZTE blade ZMax an amazing phone I'm.concerned about this ban and I read that Android/Google was not going to work with ZTE anymore. Would that affect our current phones that we have?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Gideon_82 said:
    I have currently have the ZTE blade ZMax an amazing phone I'm.concerned about this ban and I read that Android/Google was not going to work with ZTE anymore. Would that affect our current phones that we have?

Probably not but no one knows anything for sure right now.

I believe that ZTE is trying to overturn the ban do you believe it will happen?

• angelpangelp United StatesPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gideon_82 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Gideon_82 said:

hopefully

@Gideon_82 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Gideon_82 said:

I'd say they have a 40% chance if I was taking odds.

• webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2018 9:14AM

@jasonscarter said:

@Gideon_82 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Gideon_82 said:

I think the odds are better than that, it just depends how much sucking up ZTE does and how many times they will stay after school and write on the blackboard a million times " I promise I wouldn`t do this again".

@webman1956 said:

@jasonscarter said:

@Gideon_82 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Gideon_82 said:

I think the odds are better than that, it just depends how much sucking up ZTE does and how many times they will stay after school and write on the blackboard a million times " I promise I wouldn`t do this again".

They essentially did that the first time. Current political administration has a different view on China and I am not putting the odds in ZTEs favor at the moment.

It looks President Trump has saved ZTE

• webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gideon_82 said:
    It looks President Trump has saved ZTE

Hardly saved ZTE. Was used more as a pawn in a chess game but really doesn`t make much difference to us ZTE lovers. Jusr want the Axon 7 Oreo update and the future Axon 9.

It's not a done deal. Nothing is completed yet.