Help fixing ois axon 2017u

Hi. I'm John I'm back home in England and I bought my 2017u in Canada when I was living there.

I bought it knowing the camera shook and as such been looking for a way to fix it.

I have seen a build.prop edit for the one plus 2 on XDA. I have also done research into which camera Samsung supplied and was wondering if another isocell would work from maybe another device? Something broken or bricked that could be purchased off eBay.

I am currently running lineage official nightlys after coming from resurrection remix 5.8 something.

I am eagerly awaiting lineage 15 but in the mean time would just appreciate either a way to disable ois or whether my camera swap is possible.

I do love this phone and after coming from a nexus 6p I feel I don't have a need to upgrade this for a good few years, just to replace the battery as it's health is 71% according to accubattery.

Many thanks for reading. Cheere

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You may be able to fix the camera by replacing the camera module from another Axon 7. I do not believe that you can replace with any camera module since the software and the driver in the phone only works with the module it is designed for. If you want to replace a different model, then you would need to tinker with the software (kernel, driver, etc)