Not Charging (A2017U)

teji007teji007 Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

i just connected my Axon 7 to charge but its not charging, when connected to pc it says USB POWERSURGE...Phone needs more power to charge. And when i tried it to charge when its powered off....the notification light just tuns on and off....what is HAPPENING??

Please HELP Me...I can not afford another phone .

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, have you try different usb cable? Have you try to connect to the stock charger (not to PC)? Or different charging adapter?

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try using the factory charger (the one that came with the phone) to charge it. I've had issues trying to charge my A7 with anything but the factory charger.

• teji007teji007 Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

@samsamha @dnewman007 ..i have tried both things but same problem occurs.Please somebody HELP ME i am out of any mobile.
    ANyone with the solution for this or is there any mobile part i have to replace?

• razor512razor512 New YorkPosts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

if you get a chance, use a flashlight and examine the pins on the USB-C port, in addition to also examining the base of the port.

The back of the port should show a black colored plastic with a metal tab in each corner. The contacts on the center tab (on the top and bottom of the tab) should also be clean, and a gold color.

There are multiple ground and power pins,and if some of the power pins fail to make good contact, you will end up with power related errors.

If you tried a different cable and charger, as well as ensuring the contacts are clean (hard to see in the port, but a dirty contact will cause the issue you are facing), then it could be a deeper hardware issue that may require warranty service. Beyond that, the most common causes of this issue, are dirty contacts, faulty cable, or faulty charger.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,464 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@teji007 said:
    @samsamha @dnewman007 ..i have tried both things but same problem occurs.Please somebody HELP ME i am out of any mobile.
    ANyone with the solution for this or is there any mobile part i have to replace?

It says USB POWERSURGE when using stock charger and cable? Trying what @razor512 suggested is your next step, but try a different USB type C cable. Cables tend to go bad before chargers do, I just had to replace one of my USB C cables after 1.5 years of daily use. I hardly use the stock cable because it's to short since the outlet beside my bed is behind my nightstand. Got some good USB C cables off Amazon for not very much money. Still using the stock charger though.

@razor512 said:
    if you get a chance, use a flashlight and examine the pins on the USB-C port, in addition to also examining the base of the port.

The back of the port should show a black colored plastic with a metal tab in each corner. The contacts on the center tab (on the top and bottom of the tab) should also be clean, and a gold color.

There are multiple ground and power pins,and if some of the power pins fail to make good contact, you will end up with power related errors.

If you tried a different cable and charger, as well as ensuring the contacts are clean (hard to see in the port, but a dirty contact will cause the issue you are facing), then it could be a deeper hardware issue that may require warranty service. Beyond that, the most common causes of this issue, are dirty contacts, faulty cable, or faulty charger.

@razor512 @jasonscarter ...yes sir i will try the cleaning process you told buy flashlight and yes i tried other type c cables also but same problem still...
    And i was thinking about changing the usb port...(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-Plug-Charge-Board-Replacement-assembly-Microphone-Cable-connected-FPC-Flex-For-ZTE-Axon7-A2017-A2017G/32875308105.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.267.31973c00r0SnId).
    this is the link to the replacement part.

Should i go this way or not? please advice me.

@teji007 said:

@razor512 said:

@razor512 @jasonscarter ...yes sir i will try the cleaning process you told buy flashlight and yes i tried other type c cables also but same problem still...
    And i was thinking about changing the usb port...(https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-Plug-Charge-Board-Replacement-assembly-Microphone-Cable-connected-FPC-Flex-For-ZTE-Axon7-A2017-A2017G/32875308105.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.267.31973c00r0SnId).
    this is the link to the replacement part.

Should i go this way or not? please advice me.

Why not just warranty repair it through ZTE? It has a 2 year warranty.

edited June 11, 2018 11:51AM

@jasonscarter warranty is already over and i am overseas nowdays..and i tried that cleaning the usb also...still not working and now it stopped vibrating when i insert charging cable.

And i do keep my phone in pocket during workout..maybe due to sweat usb port stopped working....maybe but i am not sure cause phone was working fine.

@teji007 said:
    @jasonscarter warranty is already over and i am overseas nowdays..and i tried that cleaning the usb also...still not working and now it stopped vibrating when i insert charging cable.

And i do keep my phone in pocket during workout..maybe due to sweat usb port stopped working....maybe but i am not sure cause phone was working fine.

How can it be over? Phone came out/started shipping in August of 2016, so the first phones with warranty expiring won't happen for another 2 months. I pre-ordered directly from ZTE and got my phone August 22nd of that year. Can't help the overseas part.