Updates

DonnaPDonnaP United StatesPosts: 1

How soon can we update?

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 7,998 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That depends on what build you are currently running on your Blade V8 Pro. It may already be up to date. Can you tell us what version build you are currently running?

• JonPJonP United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

1.0.0B18

• DarskyDarsky MNPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

Newest update is 1.0.0B22, but since the update servers have been shut down, I don't know if you'll be able to update. You'll probably want to avoid the newest update anyways, since it prevented some phones from making calls and drastically reduced battery life with wifi turned on.

• mingzdad1mingzdad1 United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭

I also have the Z978 V.1.0.0B18 and cannot download the update to get V.1.00B22 because the site is offline. I cannot access the microphone, camera, and files on my phone through any social media apps like Wechat and WhatsApp.

• zminerzminer United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

We are in the same boat with B18, which doesn't work at all. But online chat rep couldn't help send newer version to me, they just refer to zteusa site and said blade v8 pro has no update since B18. So terrible

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The ban is still in effect right now, so nothing is getting updated for any device right now.

• Ock1Ock1 United StatesPosts: 32 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got a new update message for my V8 today. I never took the Feb. update on this V8 so I'm just gonna ignore it. Does this mean ZTE is up and running again?????

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They shouldn't be yet, details are still being worked out. nothing publically announced.

• crcostelcrcostel ChicagoPosts: 65 ✭✭✭✭

@Ock1 said:
    I just got a new update message for my V8 today. I never took the Feb. update on this V8 so I'm just gonna ignore it. Does this mean ZTE is up and running again?????

Update server still down here

• phonepainphonepain United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add me to the list of people stuck-in-the-lurch.

I have two Blade V8 Pros. The first one, I just happened to order in January, prior to the servers being blocked. That first one managed to update to Z978V1.0.0B20 upon initial setup... and it's AWESOME. Possibly the best phone I've owned. It convinced me to buy second one as a backup.

Well, that was a BIG mistake. I ordered another Blade V8 Pro earlier this week, and got it earlier today. I found that it has Z978V1.0.0B18 on it. And 0B18 is a real DUD... it's got many phone-breaking bugs. Worse, ZTE's update servers are now inaccessible -- so I can't get 0B20 for it.

I'm desperate to get my hands on 0B20 for this second handset!! I need that specific build, in order for this phone to work properly, it would seem. Come on ZTE & the US Government, you're trapping innocent paying customers in the crossfire... PLEASE work it out already!

edited July 13, 2018 11:20PM

The ban was lifted today... and the update servers are functioning tonight. Currently applying 0B20 to my phone that was previously on 0B18. I'm in the "optimizing apps" phase at this point.

Thanks ZTE, Chinese government, & US Department of Commerce for hashing it out!

• Sako1989Sako1989 ArmeniaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

so is that mean that we can get new version of android in the near future to (nougat or oreo) ?

edited July 14, 2018 4:40PM

so is that mean that we can get new version of android in the near future to (nougat or oreo) ?

No, it just means if you were on build 0B18 (the December 2016 build of Marshmallow) or earlier (although I don't know of any earlier ones).... that you can get your Blade V8 Pro updated to the October 2017 build, formally known as Z978V1.0.0B20. The benefits of upgrading from 0B18 to 0B20 include several significant bug fixes, as well as bringing your security patches up to October 2017.

I haven't ready anywhere that the Blade V8 Pro will ever get Nougat or Oreo. It seems unlikely, although we can always hope. After all, it IS still a current product, up for sale on both on the ZTE site, as well as from Amazon, Newegg, etc.