Hardware great, software sucks

sab390sab390 United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭

The phone qua phone is great. The battery life is wonderful, screen bright, sound spectacular. I like the size, space to burn, can load tons of apps. But the software sucks. Have had a few problems with the non multitasking, a little problem with the random bizarre actions, etc. But it is the Wi-Fi bugs me the most. I can't get to any sites that require an email, acceptance of terms, whatever. In fact, the only sites I can get to are the ones cloned from my last phone. I've got a data limit, I need Wi-Fi. I do 50 gig's a month, my data limit is 5. All of my old phones did this, what's the problem?

Comments

• sab390sab390 United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭

Not web site Wi-Fi hub. Some want a password. Have those cloned off of my old phone. Some want a email or check box in a browser. Those don't come up.

I remember all of them. I'm never given the chance to enter them. The straight password Wi-Fi passwords I have cloned from my old phone. The ones I can't get are the ones that require a web page to enter an email or check a accept condition box. I know they are there, I saw them on my old phone.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like an issue with the WiFi manager, the issues you describe should not be happening, and depending on how long you have had the device, if you did not do much with it yet, then I recommend doing a factory reset and setting it up without restoring a backup from a different device.

Sometimes,especially with different ROM implementations, can result in google loading config data for parts of the ROM that function differently.

Rats! I was hoping to avoid that. I'll try putting most of the stuff in a cloud and reset.

Spent all last night resetting and no luck. It still won't log into sites that require some thing other than a password.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you referring to connecting to the public wifi? If so, have you try a different browser to see if you can log into those sites?

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What exactly are you trying to log into or where? Can you give us an example so we can try to replicate this? I'm not sure I understand your problem. Perhaps you are talking about public wifi spots similar to Xfinity wifi that require you to log in with your account info through a browser. In that case, maybe you need to try a different browser like @samsamha suggests.

It worked. Now the Wi-Fi manager comes up and allows me to accept the conditions. I just had to restart.

Nope, back with the same story. It let me log in once then won't bring up the login again. I can not recommend this phone to anyone. And it had great reviews online. Guess you can't believe the web.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sab390 said:
    Nope, back with the same story. It let me log in once then won't bring up the login again. I can not recommend this phone to anyone. And it had great reviews online. Guess you can't believe the web.

What browser are you using? Assume it's chrome?

• sleeper69vwsleeper69vw United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

First power it off, then hold the power button and the volume up button at the same time. When the screen lights up let off both. It will boot up to a menu screen that is yellow and blue wording. It's kinda like a safe boot option for a computer. Use the volume down button and scroll down to wipe cache partition. Press the power button to choose that option. The phone will automatically boot up and it saves you from having to do a factory reset. This will clear up all your Wi-Fi problems. I was on the phone with ZTE tech support to figure out why my blade X Max wasn't able to use my 5g Wi-Fi but everything else in my house was. Took like 3 minutes and worked. Plus phone is running faster and smoother

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,211 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sab390 did you ever get this to work consistently?

It didn't work at all. A full reset works once. I can't log on to any site that requires some action in a browser. It does work once after a factory reset but the cashe thing doesn't work.