Axon 7 doesnt know how to swim

martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well....it dont.

My wife accidently dropped my phone in the pool, and now my screen doesn't show anything. I can feel all the vibrations, but I am sure it snot.

I contacted Zte to do an RMA to fix phone and the person who i chatted with on line was very nice and helpful.

I know the phone will cost $79.95 to repair, and I will call in 2 days to send in my payment on my credit card.

My worst problem is I dont live in the USA and I have to send the phone to a friend in the USA who will then forward it to ZTE Repair center and get it back.

Then she will mail it to me again.

I was told that I might get a phone with soft key instead of heard key if they have to replace the phone, I saidno problem.

I just hope the process doesn't take forever.

Martin in Brazil

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting they are offering a replacement for $80 even though there will be water damage.

• RobboWRobboW AustraliaPosts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭

Softkeys? So not an axon 7 then. Hope not a Blade.....
    Hope an axon 9 :-P

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasonscarter said:
    Interesting they are offering a replacement for $80 even though there will be water damage.

That part of the Passport 2.0 warranty. Screen cracks, water damage, etc all covered for that cost.

edited June 11, 2018 1:39PM

@hollap said:

@jasonscarter said:

That part of the Passport 2.0 warranty. Screen cracks, water damage, etc all covered for that cost.

the provisions in the policy state "minimal liquid exposure" If it went swimming...I would say that is beyond minimal, but if they end up covering it, great!

• martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 70 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can turn on the phone and feel the vibrations and see the notification light blinking. There is just nothing showing on the screen.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@martinbowls said:
    I can turn on the phone and feel the vibrations and see the notification light blinking. There is just nothing showing on the screen.

You should qualify as long as you send it to the US like you mentioned. Is it the A2017U version of hardware?

Yes it is. I pre-ordered it from BH Photo when it was first announced.

I would love to see in the future that if a person has a North American version of the phone, that there postage cold be included. It is a hastle to sent it to someone in the USA to mail it to ZTE then have ZTE mail it to them who has to mail it back to me in another country.......Just Saying

Just a follow up... Called to pay my $79.00 and was disconnected from call. Had to call a second time. Now I have to wait, my phone is on the way to a friends house in the USA - which should take about 3 weeks and then they will send package to ZTE for me.

UPDATE...It took 2 weeks for my package just to arrive in the USA. Now my friend has forwarded it on to ZTE Repair

Going to be a long process then. Good luck!

Status Update: Phone has now been signed for at ZTE Repair Service, but has not been logged into my RMA account yet. (Probably becasue it was late Friday evening when it arrived).

Status Update - My account now shows the phone arrived. and with an estimate of 5 days to shipping it back. We will see.

Status Update Received an EMAIL from ZTE service at 10 PM. Says we received your device and are beginning the triage/repair/test process on it. We will let you know when the repairs are complete and the unit is being returned.

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was told that I might get a phone with soft key instead of heard key if they have to replace the phone, I saidno problem.

huh?

This is from my online conversation with ZTE

UPDATE: According to the RMA website, my phone has been repaired and is on the way back to my friends house. Pretty fast turn around.

UPDATE: Received email last night saying phone has been shipped and will arrive on Monday. Now I need figure out how to get it to Brazil.

UPDATE: Phone is now in friends hand and will be Fed Ex'ed to another friend who will be traveling from Brasil to Florida for vacation. And then they will bring back

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,539 mod

Awesome news. Hopefully it will be in your hands soon. Of all my ZTE devices the Axon7 was by far my fav, well not counting the Spro2 haha.

I have a countdown on my wall. 25 days to go. You really have no idea how much it miss the phone. Sure there are other phones but the sound is the best. Phones are so expensive in Brasil. They dont sell the Axon line but a Samsung 9s+ is 4800 reais. That translates to over $1200 usd. My axon will cut cuddled and taken well care of

UPDATE My phone is at the hotel in Florida awaiting my friends arrival tomorrow.

Update. Phone in friends hands. In a week they will return home

Update - Phone is now in my hands and i am currently setting it up the way i like.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,539 mod

@martinbowls Really happy to hear you have your phone in hand!

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@martinbowls Nice to have your phone back. I hope all is well with it.

So far so good. Everything running fine.

• tinketinke TexasPosts: 4 ✭✭

Wow, this is awesome! My experience has been nothing like this and I live less than 10 miles from the service center doing the repair work.