ZTE Blade from Metro closing apps while switching between them

2»

Comments

• aprilfoolaprilfool CanadaPosts: 49 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2018 3:35AM

@Knsmiley said:
    I just got this phone 2 months ago and what it's doing is closing apps when I switch to another. For instance, if I'm in Facebook and I follow a link to Chrome, when I'm done and go back to Facebook it has to reload the Facebook app again. It does this for all apps. The most annoying is Iheartradio because if I'm listening to it and I get a call, it totally closes Iheartradio so I have to restart it and watch the stupid commercial again before resuming playback. Never had this issue with the Samsung I switched from. What's the deal?

It's done this since new so no amount of clearing cache or resetting it is going to fix it. No update available either.

@Knsmiley said:
    I just got this phone 2 months ago and what it's doing is closing apps when I switch to another. For instance, if I'm in Facebook and I follow a link to Chrome, when I'm done and go back to Facebook it has to reload the Facebook app again. It does this for all apps. The most annoying is Iheartradio because if I'm listening to it and I get a call, it totally closes Iheartradio so I have to restart it and watch the stupid commercial again before resuming playback. Never had this issue with the Samsung I switched from. What's the deal?

It's done this since new so no amount of clearing cache or resetting it is going to fix it. No update available either.

@Knsmiley said:

• aprilfoolaprilfool CanadaPosts: 49 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Knsmiley said:

Make sure that all these apps have Storage permissions set to on. I had a problem like this, and found that the app (somehow, don't know how) had its storage permission turned off. I may have done it... I'm always tweaking things. : )

For an app such as Chrome, the place to try is Settings, Apps, Chrome, App Info, Permissions. See which toggles are enabled once you're there.

• creativetrendscreativetrends United StatesPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

@aprilfool said:

@Knsmiley said:

Make sure that all these apps have Storage permissions set to on. I had a problem like this, and found that the app (somehow, don't know how) had its storage permission turned off. I may have done it... I'm always tweaking things. : )

For an app such as Chrome, the place to try is Settings, Apps, Chrome, App Info, Permissions. See which toggles are enabled once you're there.

What does storage permission have to do with ZTE's terrible RAM management?

Most apps that need storage permission will ask for it when needed. No need to go into settings and manually check for permissions.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2018 1:18PM

@Knsmiley and @Trollfacetheman not sure if this has been mentioned, but you could try the following for your torrenting app and any app requiring data in the background:

settings->apps->app you are having issues with->data usage

Make sure background data is on.

Also check this:

settings->apps->settings "sprocket" in upper right corner->special access->battery optimization

make sure the apps you are having issues with are not optimized.

@hollap said:
    @Knsmiley and @Trollfacetheman not sure if this has been mentioned, but you could try the following for your torrenting app and any app requiring data in the background:

Also check this:

settings->apps->settings "sprocket" in upper right corner->special access->battery optimization

None of that will help with ZTE's horrible RAM management issues. ZTE needs to release an update and remove whatever tweak they've enable to close apps in the background. This was put in place for no reason.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USAPosts: 7,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@creativetrends said:

@hollap said:

Also check this:

None of that will help with ZTE's horrible RAM management issues. ZTE needs to release an update and remove whatever tweak they've enable to close apps in the background. This was put in place for no reason

Have you tried? The battery optimization one is what worked for me. No issues once that was updated along with B20.

• mikeinvacavillemikeinvacaville United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Im going to try all of this stuff. My phone drives me crazy. I can't listen to iheart and use Google maps at the same time. I also can't get calls if any apps are open. I just get a voicemail notification later in the day. I always have to remember to hit the dot on the bottom right of my phone and clear all screens to be notified if I've missed any calls or have vm. I just closed all my open screens and found out I was called for a job interview on Tuesday. Today is Friday.

@hollap said:

@creativetrends said:

@hollap said:

Also check this:

None of that will help with ZTE's horrible RAM management issues. ZTE needs to release an update and remove whatever tweak they've enable to close apps in the background. This was put in place for no reason

Have you tried? The battery optimization one is what worked for me. No issues once that was updated along with B20.

It doesn't matter if the battery optimization option is checked to not optimize any apps on this device. The RAM management on this device is the worst I've ever seen. You must have either one app open at a time or you close apps repeatedly after using them to not notice this RAM management issue. There is no reason that if I open the Facebook app, go to the settings app then go back to Facebook that Facebook is kicked from memory. I have an OG Moto G with 1GB of RAM and still better RAM management than this.

@mikeinvacaville said:
    Im going to try all of this stuff. My phone drives me crazy. I can't listen to iheart and use Google maps at the same time. I also can't get calls if any apps are open. I just get a voicemail notification later in the day. I always have to remember to hit the dot on the bottom right of my phone and clear all screens to be notified if I've missed any calls or have vm. I just closed all my open screens and found out I was called for a job interview on Tuesday. Today is Friday.

You can try all of the solutions posted here. They simply won't work. What ever ZTE has done with this phones RAM management, they need to fix it. Unless you want to factory reset it.. have it run good for an hour... Only for the RAM management issues to return. Or running it in safe mode, which will fix the RAM by disabling all third party apps.. only for the issues to return in a few hours outside of safe mode.

2»