Annoying Pop-ups From Amazon

reesahreesah United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

Why do I keep receiving pop-up messages from Amazon saying, I'm a winner & to select "Ok" to claim my prize & how can I stop it permanently? I know the Amazon App comes pre-installed, but I disabled it quite some time ago.

Answers

• syntapsyntap Washington DCPosts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like a scam site loaded in your phone's web browser... I highly doubt the issue is caused by any Amazon app. If your browser is launching and displaying that message, it is possible you've installed a rogue app or other malware.

• reesahreesah United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

What method do you recommend me to use to remedy the situation?

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@reesah said:
    What method do you recommend me to use to remedy the situation?

you could start by try by clear the app data and cache. Go to the settings-->Apps-->select the app in question-->storage-->clear cache. Also, tap on manage space, tap on clear all data.

• reesahreesah United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭

samsamha, I have no idea if/what app may or may not be the problem. All I do know is that I keep receiving pop-up messages from Amazon saying, I'm a winner & to select "Ok" to claim my prize & how can I stop it permanently? I know the Amazon App comes pre-installed, but I disabled it quite some time ago. The only way I can get the pop-up message off my screen is to restart my phone.

• syntapsyntap Washington DCPosts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not getting pop-up messages from Amazon, you are getting popup messages from either a scam site or malware that says it is from Amazon. The "us.fertilized375ha.icu" URL at the top of your mobile browser tells us the messages are not actually from Amazon.

Were it me, I would begin by clearing my browser's settings in the phone (go to app tray, hold down browser icon, drag up to "App Info", hit "Force Stop", confirm, then tap on Storage, then Manage Space, then "Clear All Data".

Next I would uninstall apps you installed since right before the problem started, as it is possible a third-party app you installed has caused this.