Cutting The Cord - Revisited 2018

2»

Comments

• 1.) Netflix is the only paid service....
    2.) Spro2 mostly but occasionally my roku/tv

3.) I'm not sure this would sway me. I either already like the device, and the free streaming is a nice bonus that I might use. It had also better come fully able to uninstall the App and anything related in the event I'm not interested. It may not sway me towards a device but could definitely steer me away if not handled properly.

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 174 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

1.) Which services are you using today?

Netflix, Hulu, Directv Now(Sports fix)

2.) Which devices do you stream to most frequently?

Roku enabled tv, SPro2, phone

and the kicker...

3.) Would offering a free two-year subscription to a streaming service of your choice entice you to buy a specific streaming device (TV, Smartphone, Laptop etc...)?

Absolutely it would.

Show

Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    Into The Badlands
    How To Get Away With Murder
    Hill Street Blues (On Hulu)
    The Frankenstein Chronicles (Netflix)

• cavanaughtimcavanaughtim Wisconsin, USAPosts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I have not had cable for my entire adult life. I stream all the TV I watch, mostly through Netflix but occasionally through Amazon Prime Video.
    2. I have two Rokus, a Fire TV, a Fire TV Stick, and a smart TV. I also do a fair bit of streaming to my phone and laptop.
    3. Absolutely this would entice me to buy a certain device, assuming of course that it was a streaming service that I wanted to use and that the economics worked out (i.e., that the device wasn't so expensive that it offset the cost of the free streaming).
  • LkBrettLkBrett United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

1) I use these paid services: Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Vudu. I also paid once (and am done paying for life) to use TabloTV (live network streaming and DVR). Thanks to the Tablo, I wouldn't feel the need for any subscriptions if not for the originals. Shows like House of Cards just must be watched. :)

2) I mostly use the Fire TV Stick, then my Axon 7 phone or my Galaxy Note 8 tablet. Occasionally I'll use the Chromecast, and I also often use an app on my Windows laptop which is setup to display on my Samsung LED TV.

3) I have all the devices I need; the only reason I need another is to keep up with technology. While free months of streaming services is a tempting prospect, a more-enticing incentive would be a VALUABLE trade-in for my well-taken-care-of technology so I can gain functionality rather than just buy more stuff. That being said, if a customer is in the market for a new device, free time on a paid service that is either new to your or already appreciated, would definitely be a factor.

2»