Can't download apps from play store

GamersGamers United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

Everytime I try to download an app from the play store it gets stuck on downloading and that's it no progress but if I shut it off and turn it on it downloads please help.

I have tried factory reset and wiping the cache partition.

Comments

• jaws2612jaws2612 IndonesiaPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

I experience this with my axon 7 too. It's not always like this but more often than not. So, i just kinda wait for it to eventually starting to download, sometimes it takes around 2 hours before it will start to download and other times it will take 10 hours to a day. I don't know what's happening but i kinda got used to it

• GamersGamers United StatesPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

But I've had this phone for about 7 months

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,702 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have had this happened to me in the past with one of my phone (not axon). I think it turns out to be an issue with google server or my google account or the router because the problem eventually went away after a few days. I did clear the cache and also factory reset but still have issue so it's unlikely due to the phone's software. Eventually it will work fine. I did notice that this only happens with wifi and not cellular connectivity.

• jaws2612jaws2612 IndonesiaPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does happen more often on wifi than cellular. But i experience it on cellular too. i haven't done a factory reset or wipe cache partition, but maybe I'll try that later. I have my phone for around 11 months now and this somehow happening on my axon 7 only, not my other devices (essential phone, LG V10, and xiaomi redmi note 5)

@jaws2612 said:
    It does happen more often on wifi than cellular. But i experience it on cellular too. i haven't done a factory reset or wipe cache partition, but maybe I'll try that later. I have my phone for around 11 months now and this somehow happening on my axon 7 only, not my other devices (essential phone, LG V10, and xiaomi redmi note 5)

Same for me doesn't happen on any other Android but I think it's due to to much ram being used as I had to download 3 apps and they went through fine but I had less ram used than normal that day

Also what about the phone giving false signals like I hit the recent app button once but it registered as if I held it down so split view comes up and the same for the back and home button and there features come up

• RoverRover DallasPosts: 82 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018 1:39AM

@jaws2612 said:

I've had the situation where it seems like the phone is telling me a Google App is updating, the circle is being drawn in rotation, but after a few minutes, it should be done, but isn't. I close the Google Play app and bam, I get a notification that that app is now updated. So some kind of communication problem. But this doesn't happen for every app updated.

I do this over a wi-fi connection where the router is in the room I use as my office.
    The Netgear app says I have -43dBm 2.4Ghz

The (cell tower) signal strength was -105dBm 33asu.

The speed test by bandwidth place was 45 down and 11up with 33ms.

From CPU-Z
    Total RAM 1836MB
    Available RAM 705MB

From Phone:
    15.98 GB used of 32GB
    SanDisk 4.18GB used of 32 GB
    Memory 1.6GB of 1.8GB with 248MB free.

To wipe the cache: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27507

After wiping the cache, I was able to update the six apps. They downloaded and installed with no issues. I did each one manually. Next time I have multiple apps to update, I'll try the Update All option and see if that goes smoothly.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Google has a system app "media"..It needs wifi access. If you stop Google collecting info, you get surprises.