Issue with turning on phone (Optimizing app 1 of 1)

2»

Comments

• PuzzledPuzzled CanadaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@awilson25metropcs said:
    well it worked once... now problem returned. I think it is one of the apps i recently installed. will let you know what i find.

Any luck?

• DJ262022DJ262022 JamaicaPosts: 2 ✭✭

I have had the exact same problem, I fixed it accidentally actually. I was having a mic issue where my internal mic and my earphones would not respond, so I reset my phone and when it restarted after the reset I was surprised to see that it booted up doing the regular boot up speed, not a second slower

• TerriTerri United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

First I want to thank everyone for the help you all have given. I removed Zanga and it took away 1 of the Optimizing apps now I just have one. I seem to be having a problem rebooting my phone. I press the power button and the volume up button at the same time and the phone shuts off. Then it takes 15 minutes to restart. ls there another way to reboot so that I try to removed last optimize?

• s1ckboy21s1ckboy21 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I'm also having the same issue. With every reboot, whether i'm charging my phone or not. I've managed to get it down to 1 optimizing app instead of two, after uninstalling zedge, and removing the android system webview, whatever that it. But there's still one remaining. I tried to wipe my cache partition, as mentioned above but the method described did not work on my zmax pro. any other assistance available is mucho apprecianado

• digiduck_2582digiduck_2582 United StatesPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭

The one thing that helped me was doing a factory reset on the phone, and starting from scratch, instead of loading everything from a back up. Download a few apps install them reboot and see if your phone does the optimization thing. If not download and install a few more, so on and so forth. Turn off auto updates, when you have updates take a screenshot of what apps have updates, update them and reboot see if your phone does the optimization thing. It's inconvenient yes, but for peace of mind it's worth it. Zedge is a known issue with the app thing. If you have it, uninstall it reboot and clear your cache from recovery. Let me know if this helps. Digiduck

• SallyDFWSallyDFW United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@digiduck_2582 said:
    The one thing that helped me was doing a factory reset on the phone, and starting from scratch, instead of loading everything from a back up. Download a few apps install them reboot and see if your phone does the optimization thing. If not download and install a few more, so on and so forth. Turn off auto updates, when you have updates take a screenshot of what apps have updates, update them and reboot see if your phone does the optimization thing. It's inconvenient yes, but for peace of mind it's worth it. Zedge is a known issue with the app thing. If you have it, uninstall it reboot and clear your cache from recovery. Let me know if this helps. Digiduck

Yea! Removing Zedge worked for me. Thanks guys. Sally

• Webshooter38Webshooter38 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

I've been reading other Forums, and it seems like anything to do with Facebook ruins the phone. I've factory reset twice now, and I'm not going to install Facebook, or any Facebook related apps for the time being.

• DarskyDarsky MNPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭

@Webshooter38 said:
    I've been reading other Forums, and it seems like anything to do with Facebook ruins the phone. I've factory reset twice now, and I'm not going to install Facebook, or any Facebook related apps for the time being.

This used to be the case until an update fixed it. Now that the update servers are shut down though, it could be problematic if you're still on an older update.

• JustMeCashJustMeCash United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

This forum is for ZTE USERS, NOT SAMSUNG, LENOVA, AT&T, etc.....
    Anyway, I had this crappy and irritating message at startup as well "Android Starting, Optimizing app 1 of 1".
    I just uninstalled the Zdege app and it went away.
    I'd rather not have Zdege than to go through that Optimizing crap. You may be in an emergency situation and need IMMEDIATE help and your phone cuts off and then when turned back on, you have to wait 10+ minutes to use it. Developers of Zdege need to fix this issue.

• WaynePettusWaynePettus United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I uninstalled Zedge and wiped cache partition and now it boots up fine.Thanks guys

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you got it all set @WaynePettus

2»