My device z981 is operating on 2G only and is very slow and annoying,

YemexYemex NigeriaPosts: 3 ✭✭

Can anything be done to improve or upgrade it to 3G or 4G.
Regards

Answers

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2018 9:51PM

hi, who is your carrier? it is possible the phone is missing the radio band to support your carrier's 3G or 4G band. Or it is possible that you need to manually enter the APN to have the phone working on the correct network.

• YemexYemex NigeriaPosts: 3 ✭✭

Many thanks for your response, but I really don't understand what you mean by 'Carrier'. I'm using the phone here in Nigeria earlier yesterday I got a notification that it was upgraded to zte1v1.0.0B14 from 1v1.0.0.0B8. I have not alter the APN settings. Are there steps to follow to confirm the settings as to upgrade and enjoy the phone.
    Thank you

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi,

The carrier is like the company that you are using the phone with. I search online and it seems to me your country uses frequency 900/1800 for 2G, 2100 for 3G and band 3,8,20,28,40 for LTE.

As you can see from here, the Zmax pro supports only the GSM (ie 2G) band on your country. Thus, you won't be able to get speed higher than 2G due to the fact your country's band is not on the phone's support list.

This site also shows that the phone will only operates at 2G speed on your country too. So, unfortunately, you won't be able to get faster speed due to the network is not compatible with the phone.

• YemexYemex NigeriaPosts: 3 ✭✭

Many thanks Samsamha.

I really appreciate your responses. I might have to get another device.

Regards