Axon 7 .. Oreo Update.. Whats the big deal?

testrattestrat Posts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

My A-7 Works just fine as it is. I love this phone. So, what is Oreo? to do for me? Just wondering. Since the Battery charger was fixed, my battery life is back to very good. So, am happy with that. Isnt like anything is gonna double its run time.. We can wish..

Comments

• klevklev Posts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2018 11:07AM

Its smoother...easy flowing, cleaner and hopefully less Mifavor

• Jaysee46Jaysee46 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

I'm patienly waiting for it as well. I read an article that it would launch August 2 (today) but I don't see any update info. Hmm

• webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jaysee46 said:
    I'm patienly waiting for it as well. I read an article that it would launch August 2 (today) but I don't see any update info. Hmm

Guess it`s not coming. Thought it would be great PR from ZTE to do that after all the hell they went through since April and it would have made them look good it front of the upcoming Axon 9. That would have been a hell of a statement and made them look like they really care about their customers.

• GodOfPsychosGodOfPsychos GermanyPosts: 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jaysee46 said:

Ok, one last time in hope any new person comes to this thread and reads this:

There was never any official announcement ever that the update would have come at august 2nd.
    All what this was, were alleged "news sites" that posted this nonsense based on just one image that showed messages from one axon 7 user chatting with a zte worker.

The user asked if the update will come before august 2nd because there was a temporary ban lift of one month (which would've ended at, you guessed it, august 2nd)

The zte guy replied that he is sorry that they might not be able to bring the oreo update before august 2nd

Does this sound like a confirmation to any of you? Because apparently it does to those "news sites"

No offense at all btw. Its all good.
    Its just that too many ppl still believe that this was official and now complain that there was no update on august 2nd

• scott779scott779 Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GodOfPsychos said:

@Jaysee46 said:

Ok, one last time in hope any new person comes to this thread and reads this:

There was never any official announcement ever that the update would have come at august 2nd.
    All what this was, were alleged "news sites" that posted this nonsense based on just one image that showed messages from one axon 7 user chatting with a zte worker.

The user asked if the update will come before august 2nd because there was a temporary ban lift of one month (which would've ended at, you guessed it, august 2nd)

The zte guy replied that he is sorry that they might not be able to bring the oreo update before august 2nd

Does this sound like a confirmation to any of you? Because apparently it does to those "news sites"

No offense at all btw. Its all good.
    Its just that too many ppl still believe that this was official and now complain that there was no update on august 2nd

OK thnx GodOfPsychos for confirming Oreo will coming soon. :)

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 168 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zte_usa said:
    @scott779 Good morning! We completely understand wanting the long-awaited Andriod Oreo 8.0 software. There hasn't been any official announcement as to IF or when the Axon 7 will be updated past its current OS. We do not have any additional information as to an ETA or release date. With the ban being lifted, one would think that everything would pick back up as if it had never stopped, but realistically that isn't the case. We are working with Qualcomm, Google and our carrier partners to test all releases, future updates and security patches for ZTE devices. Nothing is released until all tests are successfully completed. Because we have so many devices with our carrier partners as well, it’s difficult to say exactly when an update will occur. There are a lot of devices backlogged, however, your device should automatically notify you when an update becomes available.

A response is a response! I am happy to see something. Hoping a update will come sooner then later.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Makes sense. Gotta take care of the carrier devices since they are still paying the bills. They already have unlocked customers money. Taking care of their carrier customers is important to be able to repair those broken relationships that happened during the ban.

• GodOfPsychosGodOfPsychos GermanyPosts: 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zte_usa said:
    @scott779 Good morning! We completely understand wanting the long-awaited Andriod Oreo 8.0 software. There hasn't been any official announcement as to IF or when the Axon 7 will be updated past its current OS. We do not have any additional information as to an ETA or release date. With the ban being lifted, one would think that everything would pick back up as if it had never stopped, but realistically that isn't the case. We are working with Qualcomm, Google and our carrier partners to test all releases, future updates and security patches for ZTE devices. Nothing is released until all tests are successfully completed. Because we have so many devices with our carrier partners as well, it’s difficult to say exactly when an update will occur. There are a lot of devices backlogged, however, your device should automatically notify you when an update becomes available.

One short question, do you guys from zte usa maybe know if the german site will be back someday? Is there any news to that? A few sites for european countries are already back up again but the german one is still missing

• acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to know you're back ZTE and speaking to us. I really want Oreo for my Axon7, but I want a stable build. Also, can't wait to see more of the upcoming Axon9

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@zte_usa, Thank you for the update. We hope to hear more in the future.

• testrattestrat Posts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2018 10:15AM

I thank you all for the input on my post..
    And I am quite happy with my 7 as it is personally.. There is very little I would change.
    One thing would be date stamp on selfie mode. But not that important.
    There are 1 or 2 other little things still, but I dont remember now what it was.

• birkbinnardbirkbinnard United StatesPosts: 116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notice the capital IF in the ZTE response. My guess is the writer would have used a font size of 2000 pts. if it had been available.

This is what's called "the writing on the wall", which is an American slang term for something that's meant but not formally stated.

• tmsabatertmsabater Balearic Islands (Spain)Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am outraged, it is shameful that today we still have not defined the path to follow with our phone. How is it possible that an official rome will not be published when competitors have it? believe you that this is correct?

• vi_ztefanvi_ztefan JamaicaPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

@zte_usa said:
    @scott779 Good morning! We completely understand wanting the long-awaited Andriod Oreo 8.0 software. There hasn't been any official announcement as to IF or when the Axon 7 will be updated past its current OS. We do not have any additional information as to an ETA or release date. With the ban being lifted, one would think that everything would pick back up as if it had never stopped, but realistically that isn't the case. We are working with Qualcomm, Google and our carrier partners to test all releases, future updates and security patches for ZTE devices. Nothing is released until all tests are successfully completed. Because we have so many devices with our carrier partners as well, it’s difficult to say exactly when an update will occur. There are a lot of devices backlogged, however, your device should automatically notify you when an update becomes available. .................................................................oh wow this is great, I have not to long purchased a axon 7 and jus waiting for it to arrive... this news bring me joy cause I have been a fan of zte for a while now and to kno one of the best phone at that price range will still get the latest update even though it’s 2 years old shows that zte really cares about the customers..I rave to my friends and family about the zte phones...I can not wait to get the axon 7 in my hands it’s something I am really looking forward to..so I thank u for the update and keeping hope alive for all the axon 7 owners .. keep up the good work and keep making some of the best phones on the coming from a zte fan 👍🏾👍🏾😎