Still waiting on update to B35 - WHERE IS IT?

dwp4youdwp4you El Paso, TX, U.S.A.Posts: 55 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ban has been lifted already, and the host is up again - so WHEN will MiFavor 5.2 (Oreo) be released for OTA in the U.S.? My phone (and many others) has been stuck on 4.2 since BEFORE THAT BAN!!! It is time to step up and re-establish YOUR COMMITMENT to the support of YOUR DEVICES.

I still love my ZTE Axon 7 (and Axon 7 Mini) - BUT now that I have been stuck waiting for an update that should have been released since Feb/Mar of 2018 - I have to admit I am now looking at other manufacturers for upgrade/replace simply because ZTE is failing in the realm of supporting the existing customers - especially those of us who bought YOUR FLAGSHIP device(s).

It is time for YOU as a LEGITIMATE COMPANY and SMARTPHONE MANUFACTURER to step up and release the OTA and prove your resolve as a LEGITIMATE COMPANY and SMARTPHONE MANUFACTURER in making/releasing plans for the Axon 9 (where'd that go BTW?) now that you can use U.S. made parts again.

I cannot speak for ALL persons that bought a ZTE device and bought into the ZTE hype, but for myself I CAN SAY that I am getting tired of feeling like IT IS TIME TO LOOK ELSEWHERE for a NEWER and BETTER device. Simply because YOU ARE DROPPING THE BALL.

Strike while the iron is hot!

Comments

• Wes1Wes1 MarlintonPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Axon 7 B35 SD Card Package Update (7/25/18) I noticed the update has a 7/25/18 date does anyone know what's different?

• alferalfer Posts: 112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2018 10:23AM

OP: Quit the whining. We get it, it's been complained about dozens of times around here. We get it. If/when an update happens, you can download it and move on. If you don't have the patience, GET A DIFFERENT PHONE!

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 168 ✭✭✭✭✭

My prediction is sometime this month. Since the servers are back up.

• blatidoblatido Posts: 39 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I do not expect anything from ZTE considering what happened. Not only the company almost disappeared but China understood the hard way how dependent they are on US technology. These two facts are A LOT more important than to worry about deploying Oreo for Axon owners.

So, I'll just keep using my Axon 7 at least until the end of 2018. I'm in no rush for Oreo or a new phone.

• webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mgeinitz said:

What gives you the idea that it will happen?

• mgeinitzmgeinitz Encino, CAPosts: 168 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webman1956 said:

@mgeinitz said:

ZTE is moving fwrd. Starting to release new phones again. It would be a bad move if they did not update. There are rumors that the Axon 9 will be revealed soon. And if they do not do the update soon.... it will not sit to well with people who are looking buy the Axon 9.

https://pocketnow.com/zte-axon-9-ifa-2018

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mgeinitz said:

@webman1956 said:

@mgeinitz said:

ZTE is moving fwrd. Starting to release new phones again. It would be a bad move if they did not update. There are rumors that the Axon 9 will be revealed soon. And if they do not do the update soon.... it will not sit to well with people who are looking buy the Axon 9.

https://pocketnow.com/zte-axon-9-ifa-2018

I saw that. It's per speculation just because the device showed up on a test site somewhere. Device is being tested, IFA is the next trade show, so hence the device will appear at next trade show? That is a stretch, but would be a good sight to see them at least discuss future plans and maybe have design mock ups.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I am done with ZTE permanently. This was my first experiment with buying an unlocked phone. Now my security updates are as old as December 2017. I hope the new Pixel 3 XL is a winner. I've decided you get what you pay for.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@stevec5375 said:
    Personally, I am done with ZTE permanently. This was my first experiment with buying an unlocked phone. Now my security updates are as old as December 2017. I hope the new Pixel 3 XL is a winner. I've decided you get what you pay for.

The Pixel 3 XL is looking like a joke imo and the price doesn't help....

• mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams United StatesPosts: 431 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@stevec5375 said:

If you are finished, why are you still hanging around here then? Just curious, not trying to be rude or funny.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 354 ✭✭✭✭✭

hopefully when they add an update for the a7 they make it not suck so much. should be working on signal handoff and stuff. I'm sitting near my router on wifi calling and still cant get a single call to go out.. i turn off wifi. oh look my cell signal disappears instantly.. good ****...

@TEXASMADE1978 said:

@stevec5375 said:

The Pixel 3 XL is looking like a joke imo and the price doesn't help....

I do agree that the notch is ugly. But it seems that notches are in since Android Pie supports them. I think flagship phone prices are outrageous but if you want timely OS and security updates, what are you supposed to do?

@mrjlwilliams said:

@stevec5375 said:

If you are finished, why are you still hanging around here then? Just curious, not trying to be rude or funny.

I rarely come here anymore since the ZTE debacle. I just occasionally drop by to see if by some miracle the Oreo update might be released.

• vanguyvanguy USAPosts: 591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Months ago the ZTE exec. over the phone division did an interview and stated that the A7 would get Oreo.

Thanks to the political circus in Washington DC that created this mess, who knows if ZTE has the will or the budget to proceed.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 7,980 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good things come to those who wait. At least that's what I was told when I was growing up :)

I stopped using my A7 yesterday as my main device. Using my Sony XA2 Ultra full time. This SD 630 ain't bad. Oreo really isn't a big deal feature wise, but I am on it with this device along with July security patch. A7 is now my workout media player. Still love those speakers!

XA2 is by no means a long term device for me. Hoping for a flagship phone soon.

How is the camera on that Sony phone?

@vanguy said:

It's good. Not amazing, but good. Struggles in low light like a lot of phones, but it works for me. I'd say in good lighting, it's on par with Axon 7. Steady Boost (Sony's OIS) only works in 1080p. You can shoot in 4k, but you have to have a steady hand. Battery life is AMAZING.

@jasonscarter said:

@vanguy said:

It's good. Not amazing, but good. Struggles in low light like a lot of phones, but it works for me. I'd say in good lighting, it's on par with Axon 7. Steady Boost (Sony's OIS) only works in 1080p. You can shoot in 4k, but you have to have a steady hand. Battery life is AMAZING.

Weird as Sony cameras are usually pretty solid. But seems like a good device overall.

@hollap said:

@jasonscarter said:

@vanguy said:

Weird as Sony cameras are usually pretty solid. But seems like a good device overall.

It's a mid-range device. I didn't want to drop to much $$$ knowing I would want something higher end eventually. The SD 630 is solid though. I have no complaints over the CPU at all. Paired with 4GB or RAM, performance is not an issue. Camera is one area they could have improved on, but the front has two cameras. A regular lens, and then a wide angle lens for those big group selfie style photos. Software is pretty good to. Don't mind their UI at all except for the "app suggestions" in the app tray, but you can turn that off.

@jasonscarter said:

@hollap said:

@jasonscarter said:

@vanguy said:

It's a mid-range device. I didn't want to drop to much $$$ knowing I would want something higher end eventually. The SD 630 is solid though. I have no complaints over the CPU at all. Paired with 4GB or RAM, performance is not an issue. Camera is one area they could have improved on, but the front has two cameras. A regular lens, and then a wide angle lens for those big group selfie style photos. Software is pretty good to. Don't mind their UI at all except for the "app suggestions" in the app tray, but you can turn that off.

I do like the wide angle lens option on phones.

• rwhoggrwhogg Palestine, TexasPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decided to switch to something else so I didn't want to spend a lot of money and got a Moto G6. I like it I like better than the Axon 7 and it is going to be updated to Android 9.x Pie soon.

RWHOGG
    Is that SD450 with 3GB ram as snappy as the A7?

@hollap said:

I do like the wide angle lens option on phones.

I'll second that. Wish more phones would incorporate that.

• lllgurullllllgurulll Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭

its really frustrating that B35 isn't readily available from the software page. I'd like to get back up to that package. HOping to get in on the oreo beta. Really surprised that wasn't ready either.