Axon 7, Nougat and Wifi HotSpot

My Axon 7 needs warranty repair and ZTE has to flash it to the Nougat 7.0 during the repair, meaning I will lose the wifi spot / tethering function that was available on the original Marshmallow 6.0.

I have been told by the ZTE customer service rep that the swapped unit will have Nougat 7.0 installed.

Can someone suggest a work around with the Nougat 7.0 so I can retain the Wifi Hotspot for wireless tethering?

Verizon is the service provider, if that helps.

Thanks for your input

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know of a workaround, but when you get the device back, you could just install Marshmallow back on it yourself if you are content with not having Nougat on it.

• jameschangsteinjameschangstein DetroitPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks - can you help with a set of good instruction to install marshmallow back, please?

@DoppelgangerD said:
    I don't know of a workaround, but when you get the device back, you could just install Marshmallow back on it yourself if you are content with not having Nougat on it.

• I had the same problem: my laptop could connect with my Phone but could not get internet access. I solved it by copying all the settings in 'Access Point Names' from a colleague who has the same provider as I have. I had to change about 5-6 settings, now it works smoothly again.