Display replacement


Couple days ago I bought an Axon 7 mini from a US military coworker that finish his tour and want to sell his phone. Working OK, but today after a issue with my car, the phone broken his display. I know that is possible to send in USA to replace the broken display, but I have no prove to demonstrate that the phone was bought from USA. I'm sure that was bought from one of the bigger retailers, Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Walmart, because I knew that my buddy spend a lot of money for shopping. Of course I try to contact him but it not answered untill know. What can I do in this case?


  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    HI, I am so sorry to hear about your issue.

    Unfortunately, the warranty covers only the original owner and is not transferrable. Also, often broken screen is not covered under the warranty as it is consider as physical damage (or it may incur additional fees).

    If only the screen is broken, you could consider look into getting a replacement screen and repair yourself (if you are tech savvy) or use third party repair shop that sometimes can replace it for you.

  • red_dogy99red_dogy99 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭

    I aware about the fact that the phone issue is not covered by warranty and is normally like this, because was a physical damage.
    My question is if is possible to be repaired by ZTE USA, and I pay for this.

  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    It is hard to say for sure. Typically if a device is not under warranty, manufacturer often will not even do a repair even if customer is willing to pay for it. I would suggest you to contact ZTE support to see if this is something they can do. You can find their contact info on their site.

Sign In or Register to comment.