so any updates on whats happening?

maverickmaverick NJPosts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭

So is this forum and company just stagnant right now? No update for even the A7? Mines having more issues than normal. probably go with oneplus or that pocophone next. I hear the oneplus 6t will be optimized for tmobile so that'll be good.

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pocophone I don't think has very good LTE bands, even on the global version, so be careful there. As far as ZTE, @jyee said there will be a US release this year, but we aren't sure at what level, budget, Mid, or Flagship. According to others ZTE sent out a survey via email to users in the US about what they want on their next flagship. So there is that. I'm assuming it will just take time to get back in the US. The Z982 Blade Z Max got a software update, so the software teams are at least working on that.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Still wish there was actual communication from ZTE to the ZTE Community on what's going on. I mean, they have people dedicated to the community full time, and they have this forum and place to talk directly to the community about what all went on and what the path for the future is, and they aren't. I understand about not giving firm dates on phone releases or software updates, but ZTE just went through a BIG mess, and I think it's appropriate they communicate something to the ZTE community and their current customers. But that's just my opinion....

As for Pocophone….LTE bands like hollap said would be tough to get by with here in the USA. It's just not designed for this market.

My guess is we are looking at somekind of Blade or Z series phone before the year is out. I doubt it will be a flagship level. Sounds like with their survey, they are still planning on what specs that device needs based on the feedback they get.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never got a survey and i've gotten no other update about whats going on. I'm tired of my phones issues and pisspoor connectivity. So i'll avoid pocophone then with the antenna issue you mentioned. How about oneplus? the 6T looks all right. With the lack of input from zte and update to the a7 i dont think i have any interest in pursuing another device with them. the a7 forum page is stagnant.

@maverick said:
    I never got a survey and i've gotten no other update about whats going on. I'm tired of my phones issues and pisspoor connectivity. So i'll avoid pocophone then with the antenna issue you mentioned. How about oneplus? the 6T looks all right. With the lack of input from zte and update to the a7 i dont think i have any interest in pursuing another device with them. the a7 forum page is stagnant.

The OnePlus 6T looks like it very well be my next phone. Especially if T-Mobile sells it with band 71 support.

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The OnePlus 6T looks like it very well be my next phone. Especially if T-Mobile sells it with band 71 support.

I was of the same mind to until it was announced the 6T won't have a headphone jack. I capitulated on an iPhone because it was Apple and i was experimenting but I don't really feel like going through that curve with an Android phone.

@saeedted said:

I was of the same mind to until it was announced the 6T won't have a headphone jack. I capitulated on an iPhone because it was Apple and i was experimenting but I don't really feel like going through that curve with an Android phone.

All of my headsets and earbuds are BT so it doesn't matter to me.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am not an audio bug, so BT audio quality is fine by me. Those ZTE Bluetooth ones I got are really good in my opinion, and I use BT audio in my truck everyday.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welp... so no update on a7 and no input still. swell